Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The purpose of this position is to help people live their lives to the fullest by supporting Complex Medical Conditions Service Delivery.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with client contacts and nurture client retention
- Serve as the main client contact, assisting with daily operations inquiries (How do I?), and customer service issues
- Increase existing client OptumHealth care Solutions product utilization
- Serve as a liaison between the client and internal OptumHealth Care Solutions staff, as appropriate, to respond to customer inquiries or resolve customer service issues
- Support client initiatives (e.g. growth of their transplant program) through education, presentations, marketing materials, and implementation services
- Provide education on new OptumHealth Care Solutions processes, tools and/or reports
- Advocate on behalf of clients; act in their best interest when interacting cross functionally across the business
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of insurance or managed healthcare background
- Intermediate Experience with Microsoft Word (create and edit), Microsoft Excel (filter, sort, create and edit spreadsheets), Microsoft PowerPoint (create and editing decks), and Microsoft Outlook (sending, receiving mail and creating calendar invites)
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (Business travel)
- 3+ years account management experience in insurance or managed healthcare background preferred
- Registered Nurse
- Corporate Savvy - Understands the organizational structure of the Company and how to produce results within that structure
- Customer Focus - Dedicated to meeting customer expectations and requirements while maintaining balance with business requirements
- Problem Solving and Prioritizing Skills - Prioritizes, anticipates and analyses problems to expedite their resolution
- Communication Skills - Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Organizational Skills - Organized, efficient - Uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Interpersonal and Relationship Skills - Can work with internal and external business contacts at all levels, capable of negotiating and navigating challenging political situations
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealth Care, Health Care, Account management, Managed Care, Microsoft Office, Client Management