Location: Burlington, VT
The Manager of Accounting is responsible for the daily operations of the Corporate Accounting Department. In this capacity, s/he is responsible for the monthly close and year end process, in collaboration of the Director of Corporate Accounting, ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. The Manager is responsible for the documentation of all policies and procedures as well as the monitoring of all accounting systems, including the General Ledger, Financial Edge, and REAL Assets. Additional responsibilities also include working with the Director of Corporate Accounting around consolidations and tax compliance issues for the organization and its subsidiaries, including the filing of all regulatory documents (Form 990, 990T, 990EZ, etc. ) The Manager is responsible for the coordination and preparation of the monthly and quarterly deliverables for senior management and the finance committee.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required.
- MBA, CPA or similar professional designation preferred.
- Four to eight years of progressive accounting experience required.
- Previous hospital or healthcare system required; academic medical center experience preferred.
- Previous experience must include financial statement preparation and analysis.
- A keen focus on instituting operational efficiencies required, with emphasis on internal controls and formalization of policies and procedures.
- Experience with Mediclick and PeopleSoft a plus.
- Experience managing and supervising accounting and/or financial personnel is required.
Additional InformationAll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.I'm interested