Pulaski Health & Rehab in Pulaski, VA is seeking an energetic and compassionate Activities Director to direct recreational activities for the residents of our health and rehabilitation facility.
We are searching for a caring, warm-hearted person who is searching for an opportunity to do meaningful work, an opportunity to put a personal touch on improving the lives of others. Our team members experience the daily joy of enriching the lives of others, while building genuine relationships with patients and their families. Become part of an enthusiastic and dedicated team of professionals who share their positive attitudes and compassionate heart with every patient, family and co-worker.
The Activities Director is responsible for ensuring therapeutic activites that meet a variety of interests, and physical/cognitive abilities of patients. Responsibilities include patient assessment and care planning for activities, as well as management of the recreational program to include creating a monthly calendar, providing therapeutic activities, establishing an active volunteer program, composing patient oral histories, and encouraging patient involvement.
Qualified candidates will have an associate's degree or higher and be qualified as an activites professional via one of the following methods:
• two years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last five years, one of which was full-time in a patient activites program in a healthcare setting
• certification by the National Council for Activity Professionals
• completion of a state-approved activities training course
Preferred candidates will have a four-year college degree as well as certification as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist.
Our Benefits Include:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance. Your well-being is important and we value it.
- Paid Time off, because as much as you love your job, we want you to also love having time to be you.
- A 401K retirement plan. You are our company's future; let us help you take care of yours!
- Tuition assistance. The more you know, the more we can grow together.