No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. In your role as an Actuarial Analyst, you will be empowered, supported and encouraged to use your actuarial expertise to change the future of health care. You'll find an accelerated actuarial development path to support you in your continuing post-graduate education and certification. Join us. There's never been a better time to do your life's best work. Y ou will refresh and reconcile reports and analytics to measure and monitor claims expense and utilization for a large book of business. You will perform critical research and investigation of key business problems. As a subject matter expert, you will interpret and analyze healthcare data from various sources and present findings. You will be involved in identifying opportunities for medical cost improvement. There are new challenges and bigger rewards around every turn. Now is the time, and this the place where you'll find a career in which you can make a big difference in our company, our industry, even our world. Join us. And start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- This position will be primarily responsible for refreshing a suite of Cognos cubes, Excel based reports and data extracts on a monthly (and quarterly basis). This requires launching and monitoring sas automated programs and reconciling output to the Financials. Also required is the ability to troubleshoot issues when jobs fail or data issues arise. Timeliness and data integrity are of the utmost importance.
- Create and update automated processes using sas and Excel to streamline reporting
- Revise sas code and/or Cognos cube design to enhance reporting suite as needed by the business
- Contribute to the work effort to retrofit existing reporting to point to a new data warehouse in development as part of a system migration
- Participate in user acceptance testing for a new data warehouse in development as part of a system migration; ensure data integrity
- Research and investigate data nuances and anomalies
- Perform adhoc analysis to answer business questions by sourcing data from various data warehouses using sas or sql coding language, manipulating data as needed and presenting final results in an Excel (or Tableau) based format
- Analyze and interpret claims expense and membership data
- Analyze data to identify savings opportunities
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be on the Actuarial exam track, having passed 2 or more Actuarial exams
- 2+ years of experience working in a corporate environment including experience collecting, analyzing and summarizing qualitative/quantitative data
- Expertise working with formulas, calculations, charts, graphs in MS Excel
- Experience working in finance or the health care industry
- Experience building Actuarial models in SQL (Structured Query Language), SAS (Statistical Analysis System) and/or VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Proficiency with MS Access
- Experience with software such as Tableau, QlikView, Microsoft Power BI, Microstrategy or R
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: ALDP, actuary, healthcare economics, SOA, UAT, SAS, SQL, Tableau, data analysis, Shelton, Hartford, Connecticut, Telecommuter, telecommuting, work from home, remote