Internships at UnitedHealth Group. If you want an intern experience that will dramatically shape your career, consider a company that's dramatically shaping our entire health care system. UnitedHealth Group internship opportunities will provide a hands-on view of a rapidly evolving, incredibly challenging marketplace of ideas, products and services. You'll work side by side with some of the smartest people in the business on assignments that matter. So here we are. You have a lot to learn. We have a lot to do. It's the perfect storm. And even better? Join us and you may end up staying for a career in which you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Actuaries are the decision making engine for our business. That is why we support you from day one by offering guidance and assistance with exams. Our businesses serve the entire spectrum of health care participants: individual consumers and employers, commercial payers and intermediaries, physicians, hospitals, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, and more, providing you with a career that is challenging, exciting, and integral in helping to write the history of healthcare.
The Actuarial Summer Internship Program offers:
- Focused career development opportunities
- Networking with senior leadership
- Formal mentorship program
- Sponsored social and volunteer activities
- Meaningful, relevant, and current project work critical to managing our business
- Potential areas of focus may include but are not limited to:
- Healthcare Economics
- Data Analytics
**Housing assistance may be available dependent on your distance from the office**
**This full-time intern position will be available starting in June 2020**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
- Providing moderately complex analytical support to actuaries in the development and implementation of recommendations
- Conducting and documenting moderately complex analysis and research
- Preparing, forecasting, and analyzing trends
- Initiating, compiling and preparing analytical models, tools and databases
- Assisting in developing innovative strategies, policies and procedures
- Providing detailed summaries, reports and recommendations to assist in managerial decision making
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college/university during the duration of the internship. Internships are not intended for graduating seniors.
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or another related technical field from an accredited college/university.
- 1 or more actuarial exams passed
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Internship, Intern, Actuarial Analyst Intern, Actuarial, Actuary