United Therapeutics is a vaccinated work environment where all employees are expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. We will provide any accommodations as required by law.
The job details are as follows:
What We Do
United Therapeutics Corporation focuses on the strength of a balanced, value-creating biotechnology model. We are confident in our future thanks to our fundamental attributes, namely our commitment to quality and innovation, the power of our brands, our entrepreneurial culture and our bioinformatics leadership. We also believe that our determination to be responsible citizens - having a positive impact on patients, the environment and society - will sustain our success in the long term.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of "medicines for life". We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, pediatric cancers and other orphan diseases.
In 2021, we became the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
How you’ll contribute
Provide a wide variety of secretarial and clerical duties to the RTP R&D Office and assist department heads and key personnel as needed/required.
- Provide administrative support to the Clinical Development department under the direction of the department head; specific duties may include but are not limited to: preparing confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, cover letters, copying and scanning, filing, mailings, shipping packages, etc.
- Provide additional administrative support to the RTP staff across all functional areas including the formatting of key documents
- Receive reviews and verify documents, records, and forms for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to applicable policies and procedures; process documents in compliance with these policies
- Establish and maintain a variety of office filing and record keeping systems
- Attend to administrative and clerical detail utilizing initiative, good judgment, and confidentiality
- Organize events and food service as needed for on-site meetings
- Organize travel for managers as needed
- Prepare expense accounts
- Perform all other assigned duties
For this role you will need
- H.S. Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- For Administrative Assistant Level: 2+ years of varied and progressively responsible secretarial experience working in a professional office setting at an administrative level
- For Senior Administrative Assistant Level: 4+ years of varied and progressively responsible secretarial experience working in a professional office setting at an administrative level
- Advanced computer skills utilizing Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize responsibilities accordingly
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities