Administrative Director of Nursing
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare has been recognized for changing lives! These awards including Fortune 100’s Best Workplaces, Best Regional Hospital by US News, Top Work Places, Forbes – “The Best Employers for Diversity and Employers for Woman,” and two of our hospitals have been Magnet recognized!
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare is an integrated, not-for-profit healthcare system based in Memphis, TN with locations and partners across the Mid-South. Throughout our history, we have remained affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Our faith inspire us to serve our patients and improve the health of our entire community.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Director of Nursing (Critical Care, Med/Surg & Step-down) at University.
Administrative Director of Nursing
Critical Care, Step-down & Med/Surg
The RN Patient Care Navigator serves as a consistent care coordinator though out the continuum of care for patients entering or within our health system. Assesses the physical, psychological, and social needs of the patient, and improves the care experience for the patient and their family. Coordinates communication with providers on behalf of the patient. Meets the needs of the community in relation to education, screening and prevention. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
- Ability to develop and understand complex written materials, such as business plans.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of Associates, management, physicians, patients and their families.
- Ability to lead individuals and groups of people (including Associates, management, and physicians) toward achievement of organization and system goals.
- Ability to plan and oversee tasks and projects to meet organization and system goals.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Operations of Clinical Departments: Administers the assigned clinical departments. Collaborates in the planning for clinical care services and assures implementation of key strategies to meet system and facility goals for clinical care, service, and financial results. Directs and evaluates the clinical service for area of responsibility which includes multiple patient care units, departments, and/or facility service lines. Provides guidance and leadership to Clinical Directors and/or Department Managers. Develops strategic plans for the service areas. Ensures effectiveness of the clinical service demonstrated through outcome metrics. Develops effective working relationships and partnerships with the medical staff of the service. Implements practices according to evidence and Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare guidelines.
- Associate/HR Leadership: Ensures effective leadership performance of the team. Provides general oversight to the clinical service areas in regard to personnel. Monitors effectiveness of retention strategies and uses data to improve and sustain performance.
- Stewardship and Fiscal Accountability: Provides leadership to the clinical departments in the development and management of budgets. Ensures that effective staffing practices are in place and that staffing costs are within budget. Plans for capital and facility improvements. Manages special projects as assigned.
- Managing the Environment and the Business of the Service: Ensures continued readiness regarding accreditation and regulatory requirements. Responsible for the general upkeep of the physical facilities and patient care equipment. Leads implementation of technology and other assigned projects.
- Professional Practice: Assumes the role of professional leader for nursing. Participates in activities at regional levels that advance and elevate professional nursing practice. Accomplishes professional works that are worthy of recognition by the profession. Maintains active status in the appropriate professional associations and assumes a leadership role when possible.
- System Role (As Assigned): Evaluates system services and provides operational consultation to facility clinical departments and senior management. Implements standardization practices in each facility. Develops strategies to reduce risk exposure. Develops business and strategic plans as required.
- Occasional contact with the public as related to Clinical Service and/or patient care.
- Frequent contact with patients and their families.
- Frequent interface with medical staff leadership for the specialty.
- Daily interaction with facility administration. Frequent contact with senior system leadership.
- Daily contact with the clinical staff Associates and physicians.
- Periodic contact with other hospital departments and corporate leaders within the system.
- Master’s degree in Nursing (MSN)
- RN license in TN
- Hospital experience preferred
- Specialty certification preferred
We set the standard for compassionate patient and family-centered care in every interaction, whether it’s greeting a patient or performing a procedure.
Our culture is ingrained in our organization, where each associate can make a difference in the lives of others—and enjoy his or her job.
Methodist hires the best people, so we can treat our patients well!