The Federal Bureau of Prisons is seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to work in our Federal Correctional Complex in Yazoo City, MS.
Physician Assistant Requirements:
GS-11 Grade Level requires a minimum of 1 year of PA-C work experience (or Completion of Doctorate of Physician Assistant Studies, Doctorate of Science Physician Assistant (DScPA) or equivalent)
GS-11 Grade Level requires a Master of Physician Assistant Studies or higher.
Nurse Practitioner Requirements:
Experience: One year of experience required for GS-11 Grade Level (no experience is required for applicants with a Doctoral Degree in Nursing Practice)
Education: Masters' of Science in Nursing Practice or equivalent
Primary health care will include comprehensive assessment and management of uncomplicated acute and stable chronic health problems. Emphasis will be placed on patient education, patient counseling, continuity of care, health promotion and maintenance, disease prevention and management. Patient management decisions will be made in collaboration with physicians and established clinical guidelines.
Manages the daily operation of the outpatient/inpatient departments and conducts daily sick call.
Performs comprehensive physical and psycho social assessment including health maintenance screening and risk evaluation. Identifies behaviors and environmental factors affecting health/illness. Encourages lifestyles that maintain and support wellness through patient education and counseling, and assists patients in becoming active participants in personal health.
40 hour work week. Work will be performed in a correctional environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $67,256.00 to $108,424.00 /year (max salary dependant on available incentives)
Additional Conditions of Employment:
- This is a Federal Law Enforcement position.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the U.S. or national.
- Be clear of any criminal convictions. (Felony record and/or misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence) 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(9) 1117
- Applicant must pass a drug screening, background investigation, and credit check.
- Applicant must be able to complete the Physical Abilities Test (PAT) during a 3-week training program. The test includes 1/4 run, 75lbs dummy drag, short obstacle course, stair climb, and ladder climb.
- Law Enforcement Retirement
- Federal Government Insurance Plans: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Thrift Savings Plan w/ 5% matching contributions
- 40 hour work week
- Paid Time off for CME's
- Federal Student Loan Repayment Assistance (based on available funding & requires agency approval)
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Annual Leave and Sick Leave