Advanced Practice Provider (NP or PA), Lead, FT, Days
Capital Institute for Neurosciences, Inpatient Program
Will hire Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in this role.
Capital Health is the region's leader in advanced medicine with significant investments in advanced technologies and the best physicians. Comprising its two hospitals (Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and the Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell) and the Capital Health - Hamilton outpatient facility, Capital Health is a growing healthcare organization that is accredited by The Joint Commission. Capital Health has also received Magnet® status for the fourth consecutive time in recognition of its quality patient care, innovations in professional nursing practice, and nursing excellence. Only 29 organizations in the country have received Magnet status four times and five of those organizations are in New Jersey. In addition, our nursing team received special recognition for excellence in stroke and outpatient emergency care.
Leads team of Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners in the Capital Institute for Neurosciences' inpatient program. Develops and manages quality of advanced practice clinical services/programs in the Institute for Neurosciences. Coordinates quality, regulatory and safety activities of advanced practice providers. Assists with budget development, strategy and performance improvement. Collaborates with outpatient PAs and APNs to ensure effective continuity of care, and maintains interactive communication with patients and their families. Provides support services and healthcare in collaboration with neurosurgery, neurocritical care and neurology as directed by appropriate state laws, including medical and surgical evaluations for inpatients, acute critical care procedures assistance, participating in provision of preoperative work-up, postoperative care and follow-up, and performing other medical and surgical activities. Facilitates and monitors all aspects of patient care throughout acute care period, working collaboratively with multidisciplinary clinical staff. Provides consultation to staff, participates in patient rounds and case conferences, and provides education to clinical team members as indicated.
- Assists Medical Director in facilitating development, support and management of NP/PA group within inpatient portion of Capital Institute for Neurosciences, including all activities related to direct and facilitated patient care, admission, daily medical care, improving patient throughput, early patient discharge, patient and staff education, hospital task forces and patient satisfaction.
- Actively participates in local/regional Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant associations with goal of developing clinical and leadership skills, promoting a unit base/departmental model, and developing a network of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants for future career opportunities.
- Seeks out national leadership roles on professional journal editorial boards, professional organizations and/or elected positions.
- Identifies problems/barriers with NP/PA models of healthcare delivery and develops solutions in collaboration with other stakeholders. Provides clinical expertise for group.
- Develops and strengthens relationships with various stakeholders, including other clinical Lead APPs, medical team attending physicians, primary care physicians, network providers, key decision makers and site functional team members.
- Serves as a role model to internal and external partners (relationships). Assists with design of and implementing Neuroscience practice redesign efforts. Works with Neuroscience and hospital leadership to identify strategic areas for clinical practice growth.
- Uses a variety of data and information resources to assess evolving program requirements and evaluate program performance. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to assess, redesign and continually improve effectiveness and productivity of clinical programs.
- Actively participates with Quality Management in development and implementation process improvements. Monitors competency, documentation and outcomes of care provided by NPs and PAs. Identifies ways to facilitate working relationships among all levels of staff to meet patient care requirements.
- Provides overall clinical supervision, including work assignments, training and evaluation in accordance with Capital Health and respective policies and procedures. Interviews and recommends hiring of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in collaboration with Medical Director or their designee. Conducts annual performance evaluations of staff and recommends disciplinary measures when necessary.
- Identifies annual learning needs of staff. Develops and oversees orientation plans for newly hired Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. Develops department-level education, including in-services and teaching materials. Promotes professional and academic development of staff.
- Ensures maximal effectiveness and efficiency of staffing plan for model/program, including experience, skill mix and scheduling. Develops staffing systems that respond effectively and quickly to changes in patient volume, acuity or service demands.
- Develops policies and procedures related to patient care by following established applicable best practice guidelines.
- Models appropriate judgment in follow-up of patient care issues, including use of physician, nursing and administrative chain of command. Models effective leadership behaviors. Facilitates learning for other staff to become more effective in their role.
- Provides coaching and team building to increase employee productivity and satisfaction. Serves as a resource to staff for problem solving.
- Actively participates in and leads discussion of quality results and patient feedback, problem solving and development of plans to improve quality of care and service. Follows up on and supports efforts of colleagues to implement improvement action plans.
- Is an active, regular and productive participant, working with Emergency Department leadership, process improvement and operations teams.
- Helps to lead development of, or ongoing implementation of, an APP fellowship or education pathway.
- Facilitates change to meet organizational goals within service line. Develops and implements strategies to reduce costs and increase patient satisfaction. Acts as a liaison with nursing, medical staff and quality management. Leads or facilitates scholarly work within their service unit.
- Handles administrative aspects of payroll, CME requests, PTO requests and other day-to-day management of advanced provider team.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program approved by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA), OR Bachelor's degree in nursing and Master's degree in advanced clinical practice or graduate of post-Master's certificate program for Nurse Practitioner.
- Certification as an Acute Care NP strongly preferred.
- Five years' experience working with primary care management of neurosurgical and/or neurocritical patient population. Experience with policy development and implementing evidence-based practice.
- Competitive salaries
- Tuition reimbursement
- Low employee expense for medical and dental insurance
- 403(b) Savings and Retirement Program
Easy commute from PA and major NJ routes.
Find out why our 3000+ employees have chosen Capital Health.
For more information and to Express Your Interest In Less Than 60 Seconds, please visit http://www.capital.attnhr.com/jobs/159170/
Equal opportunity employer.