Alabama Group Retiree Nurse Advocate, RN Case Manager
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
As an Alabama Group Retiree Nurse Advocate, you will provide high touch case management services to members of the Group Retiree Plan. You will visit members while in patient in the hospital, and follow those members telephonically for 30 days post discharge. Caseload assigned will vary depending on assigned facilities.
If you are located in Alabama, you will have the opportunity to make an impact in members lives as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work onsite at assigned hospital(s) during business hours Monday - Friday. Engage with the hospital care transition or discharge planning teams and the member / family or caregiver to prepare for transitions to home, SNF, AIR or LTAC and assist in facilitating the discharge plan
- Make concerted effort to reach members post - discharge that are difficult to contact
- Make initial post - discharge call within 1- 2 days to ensure that member receives the necessary services and resources
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans
- Provide patient education on disease process and self - management
- Interact with Medical Directors or member’s PCP in order to coordinate post - discharge care and services for members as necessary
- Make referrals to available internal and external resources
- Document and track findings in a variety of case management systems
- Prioritize large volume of member activities
- Adapt to regular process changes with program evolution
rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will
challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your
role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Current, unrestricted RN license in the state of Alabama
- 3+ years of experience as an RN in a clinical setting
- A background in case management in a community care or home care settings
- Experience and intermediate skill level working with laptop with the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Must have a designated work space and access to install secure high speed Internet via cable in home
- Access to reliable transportation and ability to travel to visit members in hospital location as a primary work site. *Financial assistance for relocation will not be provided
- Ability to be credentialed at assigned hospital and meet all hospital occupational health requirements (drug screening, licensure and immunizations)
- Bachelor's Degree
- Certified Case Manager (CCM)
- Experience with discharge planning, transitional care services or resource coordination
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities will be keys to success
Answer the call to use your diverse knowledge and experience to make health care work better for our patients. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: RN, registered nurse, CCM, Case Manager, case management, Transitional Care, STARS, Hospital RN, Acute Care, Discharge Planning, Care Coordination, Community Transitions Program, Group Retiree, Alabama, AL