Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Support II
Requisition #: 77921
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is hiring an Applications Analyst Team Lead - Resolute HB/PB Billing/Claims to join our team. The Applications Analyst Team Lead should have a background in Resolute and will supervise team of Information Systems & Technology professionals who provide implementation support, technology consultation, and operational support to the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta user community. Advocates for user needs and coordinates support requests. Trains, coaches, and mentors team members. Serves as point of escalation for support and expert resource needs. Takes lead role in working with management to research and propose application support strategies and goals. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Degree from accredited senior college or equivalent experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, nursing, or equivalent, if working in the Research department
- No professional certifications required
- Five years of experience in a healthcare or business environment
- Two years of employment at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta in an applications support capacity or similar healthcare industry experience
- Experience in generally known project management software and commercially available healthcare and business software packages
- Research experience is required to work in the Research department
- EPIC experience and an EPIC certification are preferred if working in the Research department
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Ability to lead projects from inception to completion without management supervision and to provide leadership support to other team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Well-developed and proven organizational, problem-solving, analytical, and time management skills
- Project management, customer service, and support skills
- Must be able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Must be able to apply creative methods to analyze and enhance workflow efficiencies
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships and interact positively and productively with teams across organizational lines, including administrative and executive staff
- Expert knowledge of hospital system business or clinical content deemed a part of core health information systems
- Leads in business partnering with service lines, departments, individuals, and coworkers.
- Collaborates proactively with department leaders to identify/prioritize needs and define/commit to deliverables.
- Leads team to ensure deliverables are met.
- Maintains strong and productive relationships with department leaders and application vendors.
- Ensures team is building positive and effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Acts as point of escalation for issue resolution.
- Advocates user perspective.
- Leads team in providing application technical support services, consultation, coordination of programming requests, and system upgrades.
- Ensures team members are focusing efforts on identified priorities.
- Maintains/develops technical expertise and growth.
- Provides on-call coverage as assigned and ensures team coverage.
- Participates in and leads cross team efforts and initiatives for process improvement and issue resolution.
- Provides project and resource management independently with broad scope of projects.
- Ensures projects and documentation follow Information Systems & Technology project management protocol and policies.
- Manages support turnover processes to ensure project team addresses ability to support systems post-live, including delivering complete system documentation.
- Monitors team’s effectiveness by utilizing project, issue, and resource management tools to oversee team allocation of resources and assignments.
- Ensures compliance with Information Systems & Technology, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Joint Commission, and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act guidelines, policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Exemplifies and serves as a resource to team members for existing and new policies and tools, e.g., change management, time reporting, queue management, and service level agreements.
- Ensures team provides appropriate support documentation, status, and issues resolution reporting.
- Participates in internal Information Systems & Technology leadership initiatives/forums and development/achievement of department goals.
- Trains, coaches, and mentors team members.
- Participates in hiring and interview process.
- Follows onboarding guidelines for new employees.
- Fosters professional development of others via constructive performance appraisals and professional development plans.
- Facilitates conflict resolution.
- Assists supervisor and/or manager with development of staff by: being available to teammates, acting as a resource to help complete complicated/complex tasks, providing on the job training to team, and seeking out opportunities to become actively involved in staff workflow and development.
- Provides supervisor and/or manager feedback on staff performance, educational needs, and workflow status.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS*Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistanceBending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Climbing - Not PresentHearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Pushing/Pulling - Not PresentSitting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Standing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)WORKING CONDITIONS*No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1575 Northeast Expressway, Bldg 2, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Information Technology - Business Partnering