IQVIA provides scientific services spanning clinical trials, real world evidence, and consulting in all areas of the product lifecycle. The Patient Centered Solutions (PCS) team leads the industry in generating data to ensure that the patient voice is incorporated into the development and commercialization of medication and other drug/non-drug interventions. We focus on understanding and meeting the needs of our clients - mostly life science/pharmaceutical companies - through the application of broad consulting expertise and technical scientific knowledge to design scientifically rigorous research. This research is broad and includes qualitative (e.g. interviews, focus groups), quantitative (e.g. clinical outcome assessments (COAs)/patient-reported outcomes (PROS), preference research) and passive (e.g. digital health technology tools) approaches to understand patient, caregiver and healthcare professional experiences and expectations of disease and treatment.
To meet our client expectations and retain the excellent reputation built up over time the IQVIA PCS team is committed to recruiting, training and supporting driven individuals who have both consulting skills and life science skills that can be applied to PCS research activities. Individuals joining us are assured of a rewarding and progressive career in patient-focused research. You'll have the opportunity to address challenging client issues, across multiple geographies with a hands-on influence in developing and delivering solutions. We operate in a truly multi-cultural, collegial and collaborative work environment that is rich in development and growth.
Role & Responsibilities
As an Associate Consultant/Scientist within the PCS team at IQVIA you'll be actively participating in the design, development, and delivery of consulting projects or components of larger, complex projects. Both consulting skills and understanding of life science methodologies are needed to fulfil the responsibilities of the role, which include:
- Conducting primary and secondary PCS research such as interviewing patients and clinical experts, reviewing published literature, and searching databases of trials and measures
- Performing quantitative or qualitative analysis to assist in the identification of client issues and the development of client deliverables
- Communicating strategic thoughts in a client-ready fashion
- Supporting the development of intellectual property for use on future engagements
- Creating sections of reports, presentations, workshops and other client deliverables, under general guidance from experienced team leaders
- Assisting with business development and proposals
Other responsibilities include:
- Developing broad knowledge of related consulting methodologies and pharmaceutical market through the delivery of consulting engagements and participation in formal and informal learning opportunities
- Further developing a diverse set of scientific research skills
Whilst the PCS team undertakes a diverse set of research activities, there is a particular need for support in some methodological approaches. Candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas are particularly desirable:
- Qualitative research - including developing discussion guides, conducting interviews/focus groups, and analyzing qualitative data using software
- Preference research - including developing vignettes, conducting stated/revealed preference research and analyzing preference data
- Patient-Reported Outcome (PRO) research - including developing PRO questionnaires, and psychometrically assessing and interpreting PRO data
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of consulting methodologies, tools, and techniques
- An interest in conducting primary and secondary research and analyzing and synthesizing results
- Training in scientific research methods
- Demonstrable analytical, interpretative and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others in and across the organization to accomplish team goals
- An ability to work independently and in multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including grammatical/technical writing skills.
- Excellent attention and accuracy with details.
- An ability to confidently communicate with and effectively present information to internal teams.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- An ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A relevant advanced academic social science degree (e.g. public health, epidemiology, psychology, sociology, medical anthropology, health economics)
- Prior experience or avid interest in the healthcare and life science industries
- Fluent conversational and business English (written and oral); additional languages an advantage
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.