GSW Canada is part of Syneos Health, the only fully integrated end-to-end clinical and commercial solution organization. In Advertising, our teams are experts in every aspect of healthcare advertising strategy and operations. Our global teams are inspired by insights, driven by creative excellence, and ready to challenge every experience with deep data and actionable analytics. Together, over 1000 people worldwide help brands excel at some of the most critical challenges in healthcare.
In Canada, we provide healthcare marketing and communications service to Canadian and US clients, both large and small - in prescription products, consumer health & wellness products and animal health. We have a relentless focus on hiring and retaining top talent. We work with an environment of respectful collaboration, and one that acknowledges the need for a healthy work/life balance.
An Associate Creative Director (ACD) is the hardest working creative in the agency. The ACD is responsible for the delivery of high-quality creative and brings consistency to an account by providing cohesion across all projects - nothing is too big or too small for an ACD.
The ACD closely guides Sr and Jr level creative teams to conceptualize ideas and produce flawless executions for the agency's clients. For them, simply delivering what is on the brief is not enough - they think beyond the ask because they intimately understand the client's business. Along with the Account Director, the ACD establishes and builds trusting relationships with clients by providing strategically sound creative advice and presenting the agencies creative concepts and recommendations. The ACD provides day-to-day leadership to art directors and copywriters and upholds the creative standards of the agency set by the Executive Creative Director. They work closely with the other disciplines across the agency to deliver and exceeding client expectations.
- Be the champion for award-worthy work
- Conceptualize, develop, and produce original creative from inception through to execution
- Establish a brand-centric look and feel and ensure consistency of art, design and aesthetics for their assigned accounts and any campaigns they work on
- Guide copywriter & art director teams to answer briefs and produce thoughtful creative executions
- Mentor art direction staff to critically assess and guide their work
- Work collaboratively with the account, brand strategy, medical, and media groups to provide meaningful communications to clients.
- Present concepts to VP, Creative Director and EVP, Executive Creative Director for internal guidance and approval
- Lead creative presentations of approved work to clients where required
- Work with producers to source and select production partners
- Stay up-to-date on latest trends, relevant talent and competitive work and share that with the full creative team, and the rest of the agency
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of the creative work assigned to creative teams they oversee
- Champion a flexible, inclusive and diverse work environment
- 10+ years of art direction experience in a fast-paced ad agency, preferably with a focus on healthcare creative
- An enviable portfolio of work that clearly demonstrates an understanding of break-though healthcare focused creative, full of visually stunning work that "brings all the feels"
- A demonstrated understanding of creative awards
- Experienced in creating campaigns for both DTC and HCP healthcare advertising
- An understanding of Canadian healthcare advertising regulations PAAB and ASC
- A successful track record of stand-out creative with regulatory approval
- Thorough understanding of print/web/TV production, functionality, information architecture, navigation, email marketing standards, and interactive design principles
- Able to articulate project feasibility to account management and clients
- Strong attention to detail and version control
- Strong understanding of integrated advertising and experience
I understand that if I am made an offer of employment, it will be conditioned on my demonstration I am fully vaccinated OR I plan to initiate vaccination by my start date AND be fully vaccinated within 4 weeks of start date against the COVID-19 virus.
IMPORTANT: I understand that if the role for which I am applying requires extensive in-person contact with colleagues, health care providers, clients and other medical professionals who have stringent vaccination requirements that all Syneos Health employees with whom they partner be fully vaccinated and will not accept or consider any exemptions. I understand I can request an exemption from Syneos Health's vaccination requirement based on a qualifying medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief. However, in the event that I successfully obtain an exemption, I understand that it is highly unlikely that I will be able to adequately perform the essential functions of this position without imposing an undue hardship on Syneos Health due to the clients' demands.
GSW turns against the premise of doing the "same old." Our culture is focused on collaborative, meaningful advertising and day-to-day interpersonal interaction. We value the diverse backgrounds of our team members, and everyone has the opportunity to provide input and be heard. GSW is comprised of creative, motivated individuals who are all here for a reason. We welcome those who strive to work above and beyond their role, who voice their opinion and who are engaged in all aspects of the agency.
At GSW, "speak people" is part of our every day. Our employees are inventing ways to go further, faster, thus giving purpose to liberating ideas within healthcare advertising.
GSW is part of Syneos Health Communications, a purpose-built collective of agencies focused on supporting health and biopharmaceutical innovators. We work in scalable, collaborative teams that partner across disciplines and geographies to deliver integrated communications strategies that accelerate brand performance. In today's fast-changing and complex environment, success lies in making connections: between science, emotion, and technology; between data, design and human insight. We're able to make those connections because our medical communications, digital, advertising, public relations, data science, research and market access specialists work closely with each other and with healthcare experts, including physicians, pharmacists and advocates. Together, we are the connected healthcare partner tapping rich insights to drive innovation, change behavior and pioneer a new era of accountable marketing.
Syneos Health Communications is powered by Syneos Health, a global professional services organization designed to help the biopharmaceutical industry shorten the distance from lab to life.
WORK HERE MATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate bringing new therapies to patients?
Syneos Health is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled)