Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a \"Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,\" Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Associate Director, Global Oncology Market Research provides strategic business insights for DS oncology pipeline compounds and launched brands. The role will have a strong understanding on the brand and therapeutic area and will be responsible to plan and execute primary and secondary market research and analytics and translate them into strategic implications and actionable recommendations to the key internal stakeholders. Plan and execute primary and secondary global market research and analytics for oncology pipeline compounds and launched brands to support driving the strategic decision that has global implications. Responsibilities include planning and execution, vendor selection and management, budget proposal and management and providing final results associated with strategic implications and actionable recommendations to the key internal stakeholders. He/she must build trustworthy business relationships with regional stakeholders and external stakeholders including alliance partnerships
- Brand Development Support: Plan and execute market research projects necessary to drive the Global Brand Development, including but not limited to demand studies, brand positioning, global core message themes, global launch campaigns, etc.
- Understanding the Market: Continuously monitor global market trends including multichannel communication and competitive intelligence relevant for the DS Oncology pipeline compounds & launched brands, and provide regular analysis update to the internal stakeholders to define the future market and disease area trends. Conduct in-depth analysis on ad-hoc basis for key issues that may impact the key Brand strategies and decisions, such as defining patient segmentation, patient journey, etc.
- Clinical Development & Life Cycle Management Decision Support: Lead commercial assessments for pipeline and life cycle strategies by conducting primary and secondary market research to inform product & indication forecast potential and prioritization. Incorporates key forecast inputs including duration of therapy, market share, uptake speed and slope, testing rates, dosing, compliance and market access. Provides commercial recommendations to Marketing and Clinical stakeholders
- Brand Planning Support: Support oncology MR lead to develop situational analysis for annual Brand Planning exercise by consolidating critical/relevant insights from yearly information generating activities.
- Brand Performance Tracking (Pre-and-Post Launch): Develop and track brand performance metrics to be measured at global level to be implemented in both Pre-and-Post launch together with the Global Brand Teams
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree in health sciences, business or marketing required
- MBA or other advanced degree is strongly preferred
- 4 or More Years in market research and analytical works in Pharma/Biotech leading primary and secondary market research, forecasting support, competitive intelligence, etc. required
- International business experiences such as having worked in multiple regions and/or worked as Global Team member
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience supporting clinical development plans through the commercial assessment process required
- Oncology or hematology experience preferred
Ability to travel up to 30% Global & Domestic travel
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.