Our Manufacturing Operations teams are the people that make our products. We work in the manufacturing plants with a “Safety First, Quality Always” mindset striving for continuous improvement. We work in the local plant connected to our global manufacturing network to ensure the highest quality of raw materials, intermediates, and finished products.
- This position is responsible for managing the Bio Technology Solutions (BTS) activities at the Worthington and Ames sites within Global Animal Health Manufacturing (GAHM)
- Works together with Site Leadership Team to achieve our Company's Global Animal Health Manufacturing (GAHM) business goals
- Direct reports 3-8 individual contributors
- Responsible for the management and the control of the portfolio of Antigen and Vaccine related technical projects within the Animal Health (AH) site
- Provide guidance and direction to the teams to enable reliable supply and new products commercialization
- Partner with the relevant organization within Worthington and Ames sites to define the right priorities for the different projects
- This position will be responsible for the management and the control of the portfolio of BTS related technical projects within the Worthington and Ames site
- The final responsibility for the execution of these LM related technical projects lies with the incumbent
- This position will interface primarily with the Worthington and Ames Plant Site Manager and its leadership team
- Clearly define the requested services
- Follow up the quality and the timeliness of the delivered services
- Evaluate the future needs and services for upcoming projects on mid-long and long term
- Participate on teams in problem solving activities using Lean Manufacturing (LM) tool to ensure direction and control of continuous improvement, waste reduction and yield improvement
- Activities and projects to be managed are (but are not limited to):
- Providing technology support to production
- Guidance to the local teams to align on strategic priorities and local priorities
- Gathers voice of customer & voice of business, challenges and converts into action
- Transfer (implement) technologies to agreed schedules, milestones and objectives, and cost
- Process robustness improvements to increase revenue (e.g. yield improvements, improved line utilization)
- Supports investment requests/processes and is responsible for the Biotechnological input
- Providing support and enables connection to other Bio Technology Solutions teams globally
- Support Regulatory Affairs to review Manufacturing Outline (Drug Master File/Master Manufacturing Instructions) and GCMs (Global Change Management)
- Manage own competing timelines and prioritize critical tasks
- Insure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements
- The incumbent is responsible for workforce planning and talent development for the Worthington and Ames BTS team, taking into consideration technical gaps and needs for the future
- Assure area activities comply with our company's policies, EHS, governmental regulations, etc. and that all expectations are clearly defined and communicated
Education Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor Degree with minimum eight (8) years of experience in manufacturing within the healthcare industry
- Preferred: Master’s degree with a minimum six (6) years of experience in manufacturing within the healthcare industry OR a PhD with a minimum three (3) years’ experience in manufacturing within the healthcare industry
Required Experience and Skills
- Vaccine/large molecule development or manufacturing
- Previous experience in a leadership/supervisory role.
- Proven track record of managing project portfolios
- A proven track record of talent development
- Leading and influencing cross functional teams
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding Regulatory/Compliance requirements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with multiple teams and levels within the organization
Our Manufacturing & Supply Division is committed to be the most trusted supplier of bio-pharmaceuticals worldwide. Our facilities, along with our external contractors, suppliers, and partners, create an interdependent global manufacturing network that’s committed to delivering a high quality, reliable supply to customers and patients on time, every time.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Flex Time, Job Sharing, Telecommuting, Work Week
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: