Vir is a clinical-stage immunology company with a compelling mission; "A World Without Infectious Disease". We are focused on combining immunologic insights with innovative technologies. We have assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and improve the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Our current development pipeline consists of product individuals targeting hepatitis B virus, influenza A, SARS-CoV-2, human immunodeficiency virus and tuberculosis.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir Biotechnology is seeking a demonstrated Talent Acquisition leader to drive Vir's Talent- Organizational Development strategy. This leader will work closely with HR & senior leadership to strengthen hiring programs, ensure a strong employer brand, and lead and scale teams to deliver on current and planned hiring needs. This role will be hands on and is the source of company people values. As a leader, you will provide mentorship, guidance, and career development to VIRites on the Talent Acquisition Team. This role will partner with Total Rewards and Learning and Organizational Development (LNOD), to mentor hiring managers and VIRites with succession planning, and guide them through organizational change.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Lead a small, efficient, fast-paced, full-cycle talent acquisition team, while establishing relationships and educating senior leaders, hiring managers, critical collaborators and partners on best practices to drive in house recruiting initiatives
- Lead and implement our bias mitigation talent acquisition initiative
- Own the requisition approval process, working closely with finance and headcount liaisons to minimize cost per hire
- Manage contractual relationships with placement agencies, contract recruiters, job boards, vendors, job search and posting websites
- Design and implement a data driven model to assess and track effectiveness of hires across the organization
- Evaluate and implement tools and systems necessary to build a scalable recruiting model
- Ensure all talent acquisition efforts are fully aligned with Vir business values and people values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated success leading a talent acquisition function and team in a fast-growth high volume company
- 10+ years of progressive recruiting experience with 5+ years of team management, building and optimizing recruiting functions
- Working knowledge of applicable employment laws, policies and ability to partner effectively with internal stakeholders
- Analytical: Must be data-driven with the ability to define, generate and continuously analyze accurate metrics to provide actionable insights to leadership
- Flexible and versatile: Able and willing to do what it takes to deliver results; willing to handle both routine tasks and be an agile learner taking on new responsibilities that challenge and exceed what you have previously done
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, one Friday a month paid-time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.