Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a \"Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,\" Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Associate Director, US Marketing will be responsible for leading key work streams in the development and commercialization for the assigned product(s). This position will interact with all functions involved to set and pull through the strategy and execution of the annual brand plan including Market Insights, Analytics, Medical Affairs, Managed Markets, Market Planning, Finance and Sales Training and working with an alliance partner. The position maintains open and ongoing communication with various departments, most specifically with all customer facing teams to monitor the success of product messaging, programs and promotional effort. The Associate Director is also responsible for a broad array of brand functions including non-personal promotion, P&L management, budgeting, agency management, monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Develop and execute the annual brand plan to ensure financial objectives are achieved. Evaluate competing strategies and tactics to advance the position of the assigned product indication
- Develop and implement all personal and non-personal promotion strategies and tactics that support brand strategy and are executable by customer facing teams.
- Ensure projects are executed in a timely manner and delivered with the appropriate level of detail. Work extensively with, and understand the importance of, key internal constituents - Market Insights, Analytics, Medical Affairs, Sales Training, etc. Present to various internal management committees and groups
- Design and manage well-researched promotional and educational campaigns. Manage multiple agency relationships. Ensure full and timely communication with all external agency partners. Manage agency budgets in a timely manner.
- Assist in the management of the overall Brand Budget and expenses providing insight and opinions into budgeting efforts. Prepare budget update spreadsheets and manage spend monthly, quarterly.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA preferred or
- Advanced degree preferred
- 7 or More Years of progressive sales, marketing, and/or management consulting experience and leadership or comparable education/work experience required
- Oncology experience = preferred
- 1 or More Years of Pharmaceutical sales and/or sales management experience preferred
- 4 or More Years of Pharmaceutical Marketing, including product launch experience preferred
- Proven track record in developing strategic initiatives with cross-functional disciplines preferred
Ability to travel up to 30% Business Travel
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.