The IT Support Analyst will provide front-line primary technical support to team members and end users on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software and peripherals. They will also be responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to SLA. The IT Support Analyst must have excellent problem solving skills in order to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations, or when appropriate, escalate or route them to appropriate IT staff members.
The Support Analyst will also perform root cause analysis, develop checklists for typical problems and recommend procedures and controls for problem prevention. This position will support multiple platforms including desktops, laptops, mobile devices and videoconferencing equipment.
- Maintain and upgrade IT Systems
- Provide technical support during user onboarding
- Perform user administration duties
- Research complex technical issues and work with development team to resolve the issues
- Assist in quality assurance and testing of new releases
- Readily available for support of training classes and any configuration changes/prep for classes
- Available for troubleshooting any local networking, printer, and computer issues
- Support the project team to assist users on site
- Assist technicians at remote locations with end user support (via remote session, phone, email, or in person)
- Ensure coverage for corporate wide support
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- 2+ years of IT Support experience working in an end-user desktop support role or computer operations environment required.
- Working knowledge of common information technologies and systems such as Microsoft Office, Windows OS, Windows Server, Active Directory and Exchange
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a general audience
- Experience troubleshooting common IT problems
- Experience with remote Desktop support
- Experience with patch management
- Experience with advanced printer / peripheral device troubleshooting
- Experience with technical writing for documentation or instruction
- Hardware and software certification such as A+
- Program certifications such as Cisco and Microsoft Windows
The government services support team at Optum has earned the trust of organizations that our entire country relies on; from the Department of Defense and Veteran?s Administration to the teams at Health & Human Services and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. We?re repaying that trust with hard work, new ideas and a commitment to finding better solutions every day. Join us and help create ways for our government services agencies to be more efficient and effective. This will be the next huge step in your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: IT Support, end-user desktop support, Windows OS, Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, patch management, A+, Cisco certification, Microsoft Windows certification