United Therapeutics is a vaccinated work environment where all employees are expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. We will provide any accommodations as required by law.
The job details are as follows:
What We Do
United Therapeutics Corporation focuses on the strength of a balanced, value-creating biotechnology model. We are confident in our future thanks to our fundamental attributes, namely our commitment to quality and innovation, the power of our brands, our entrepreneurial culture and our bioinformatics leadership. We also believe that our determination to be responsible citizens - having a positive impact on patients, the environment and society - will sustain our success in the long term.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of "medicines for life". We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, pediatric cancers and other orphan diseases.
In 2021, we became the first publicly-traded biotech or pharmaceutical company to take the form of a public benefit corporation (PBC). Our public benefit purpose is to provide a brighter future for patients through (a) the development of novel pharmaceutical therapies; and (b) technologies that expand the availability of transplantable organs. At the same time, we seek to provide our shareholders with superior financial performance and our communities with earth-sensitive energy utilization.
How you’ll contribute
The Associate Process Engineer, Biomaterials (OMG) will be responsible for scaling up and experimenting with large batches of ink to support process and product feasibility goals. This position will also be responsible for periodic quality control (QC) testing.
- Scale up bio ink large batch mixing by developing SOPs and work instructions, and performing data analysis
- Mix large batches of ink to meet requested dates, managing changes to mixing procedures, and troubleshooting
- Collaborate with R&D bio-ink team and vendors to set quality limits for QC of raw materials and inks
- Participate in 3D print process standardization and improvement projects as related to ink characterization and scale up
- Work with R&D teams to achieve process feasibility project objectives
- Perform QC on raw materials and inks to ensure compliance to specifications and report abnormalities
- All other duties as required
For this role you will need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Sciences (BA/BS) in materials science, chemistry, chemical, mechanical or biomedical engineering (or equivalent)
- 1+ years of experience in materials science, chemistry, chemical, mechanical or biomedical engineering (or equivalent)
- 1+ years of experience working in a hands-on laboratory environment
- 1+ years of experience in process improvement
- 1+ years of experience in manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Quality Control principles and methodology
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong initiative, networking and organizational skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Master’s degree (MA/MS/MBA) in materials science, chemistry, chemical, mechanical or biomedical engineering (or equivalent)
- 1+ years of product development experience
- 1+ years of experience with SLA/DLP based 3D bio-printing methods
- Experience with 3D modeling software (Solidworks, OnShape, Fusion 360, etc.)
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities