Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- Analyze and dissect system requirements and technical specifications to create and execute test cases for large business initiatives
- Ability to write test plans, test cases, and execute tests within a distributed environment
- Manage defects and help drive defect resolution
- Assist business users in defining user acceptance testing
- Establish and maintain test cases and test data
- Create and maintain test cases in a test management tool such as ALM or qTest
- Actively participate in walk-through, inspection, review and project meetings
- Work with business users, business analysts, and developers to create and analyze various required project documents
- Participate in production implementation verification and being accountable for validating system quality
- Plan, document, evaluate and track testing results to ensure system applications are free from defects
- Communicate and interact with appropriate areas on problems, changes and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and / or functionality
With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. The Technology Quality Function is reserved for those positions where Quality is the primary objective of the work delivered. Technology Quality roles will cover all primary quality activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver high quality products and services.
These roles include, but are not limited to, strategy, planning, standards, process, policy, tools, engineering, assurance, management, metrics, research and development, automation, data preparation, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery.
- Analyzes and investigates
- Provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) plus 2+ years of Quality Assurance Testing experience OR High School Diploma / GED (or higher) plus 4+ years of quality assurance testing experience
- 2+ years of quality assurance testing experience
- 2+ years of experience with writing complex SQL queries
- 2+ years using HP ALM or other test management tool
- Ability to work Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm, with overtime as needed
- Flexibility to work extra hours prior to a (schedule / unplanned) release
- 1+ years of experience with Scripting and automation
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem - solving skills
- Outstanding organizational skills; the ability handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work in a fast - paced setting
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life's best work. SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Analyst, Associate Analyst, Quality Analyst, SQL, Healthcare