United Therapeutics is a vaccinated work environment where all employees are expected to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. We will provide any accommodations as required by law.
The job details are as follows:
What We Do
United Therapeutics Corporation focuses on the strength of a balanced, value-creating biotechnology model. We are confident in our future thanks to our fundamental attributes, namely our commitment to quality and innovation, the power of our brands, our entrepreneurial culture and our bioinformatics leadership. We also believe that our determination to be responsible citizens - having a positive impact on patients, the environment and society - will sustain our success in the long term.
We currently have five approved products on the market and a long-term mission of providing an unlimited supply of transplantable organs for those who need them.
Our company was founded by an entrepreneur whose daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening condition. She sought to find treatment options and a cure for her daughter and patients like her. We are founder-led, and relentless in our pursuit of “medicines for life”. We continue to research and develop treatments for cardiovascular and pulmonary diseases, pediatric cancers and other orphan diseases.
How you’ll contribute
The Associate Scientific Director, Medical Strategy will manage and oversee day-to-day operational and scientific activities within medical affairs. They will develop and oversee strategic initiatives within the post-marketing space to address identified scientific gaps across product franchise. They will ensure assigned Investigator Sponsored Studies (ISS) and data query programs are managed appropriately. They will represent medical affairs interests and needs in multi-disciplinary teams (e.g. commercial and development project teams, clinical study team meetings). The Associate Scientific Director will conduct and oversee small strategic studies and Phase IV tactics led by medical affairs.
- Lead Medical Affairs strategic planning, driving, tracking, and coordinating data generation in a timely and compliant manner across UT franchise; cover multiple disease states (e.g. PAH, PH-ILD, oncology)
- Develop strong relationships with thought leaders and elicit involvement and feedback on key medical strategies
- Communicate with investigators in the ISS program and foster timely execution of newly approved and ongoing studies; lead quarterly data reviews of new data generated from ISS program
- Design, execute, and manage strategic studies by medical affairs
- Provide operational oversight and manage external vendors/CRO for small strategic studies and non-interventional, minimal risk studies conducted by Medical Affairs; provide input for clinical operations/product development operations, as needed
- Design and implement tactics for phase IV data generation
- Lead and/or participate in cross-functional teams to support products throughout their lifecycle (launch planning, medicine development plans, project team meetings, etc.)
- Identify data gaps across UT franchise; generate and present material for Medical Affairs field teams and Advisory Boards
- Stay abreast of developments and gather information, and effectively communicate insight on Medical Affairs activities to leverage critical data and synthesize information for key stakeholders
- Perform back up medical technical reviews of promotional materials, sales training materials, and other material for external use (e.g. advisory board content and non-promotional reprints) by providing medical/scientific input, validation of data, and consistency and compliance with product package inserts, established guidelines, institutional laws, regulations and practices
- Collaborate with external HCPs, KOLs, and CROs to author scientific publications that further UT’s medical strategy
- All other duties as assigned
For this role you will need
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) or MD or DO OR Foreign Medical Equivalent
- 7+ years of pharmaceutical/biotech company in Medical Affairs, Clinical Operations, or Product Development or related experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent team building skills
- Ability to initiate and lead projects
- Record of accomplishment and increasing responsibility in scientific, clinical and/or pharmaceutical industry setting
- Solid working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, email and presentation software (MS Office suite)
- 2+ years of oncology experience
At United Therapeutics, you’ll realize quickly that it is not an ordinary place to work! When you join our company, you will learn, grow, contribute, have fun, and be challenged... all while making a difference in the lives of our patients.
United Therapeutics Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities