The Athletic Trainer PRN provides on-site healthcare services to the communities served by sports medicine programs. This position is accountable for the prevention, evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation and return to athletic activity from injury and illness.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Practices prevention, recognition, assessment, management, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries and illnesses under the direction of a licensed physician.
- Maintains accurate documentation when practicing forms of healthcare within the scope of the athletic training license.
- Acts as a liaison between physicians, patient care givers and other appropriate parties to maintain effective communication and coordinate any restrictions or accommodations.
- Assists with the sports medicine program to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Helps market the sports medicine program, including the provision of information and education to patients and the community, to promote services to internal and external customers.
- Maintains inventory of medical supplies, equipment and marketing goods and requests through proposals, orders and replenishes inventory supplies.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner any information that may influence the patient's treatment program or well-being, including preparing clinical progress notes and other required documentation in accordance with established policies.
- Facilitates appointments for athletes and families to access healthcare services.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Must fulfill license and certification renewals to maintain required qualifications.
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Good critical thinking and autonomous judgment making.
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees at all levels.
- Ability to promote services and programs.
- General computer skills, including but not limited to using required software applications, data entry, information security, electronic medical documentation, handheld scanning and email.
- Master's Degree in Athletic Training/Related Field and NATABOC Certification preferred.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following.
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
Licensed Athletic Trainer (ATHLTRNR): Athletic Trainer License (LAT) by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR).
Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or transfer.
Drivers License (TXDL): If moving from out of state must obtain valid TX DL within 90 days of hire.