Join an audiology team that shares a mission to serve veterans by applying your knowledge and experience conducting audiology evaluations for veterans. This is a part-time employed position, 3 days per week in Reno, Nevada. Additional hours, including full-time, is possible if the applicant is willing to travel. This is an excellent opportunity for an Audiologist who desires not to be involved with hearing aid fittings or sales.
You will evaluate veterans to provide a professional opinion to the severity of the hearing problem, the diagnosis, the causation, and the probability that the hearing problem is related to military service. You will be a member of a team comprised of audiologists, physicians, and nurse practitioners who specialize in working with veterans.
Responsibilities and Duties
Your functions include:
- Responsible for administering and interpreting a variety of tests to determine the type and degree of hearing impairment, such as air and bone conduction; speech recognition and discrimination tests; the site of damage; and effects on comprehension and speech
- Evaluates test results in relation to behavioral, social, educational and conduct medical record reviews of past audiograms and documents to determine the likely cause of the hearing loss, and to state the prognosis and address the issues of hearing loss and tinnitus
- Operates computerized programs and utilizes application software and databases in order to enter, modify, and access information into/from electronic medical records, and utilizing report writing formats
- Responsible for conducting otoscopic examinations, cerumen management, and calibration checks of audiometric equipment
Qualifications and Skills
Applicants job requirements include:
- Education: MS, MA, AuD, Ph.D.
- State audiologist license
- positive attitude
- good verbal, written, and typing skills
- high comfort level with computers
- pleasant, team player, considerate of others
- dependable and on-time