Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Support I
Requisition #: 66625
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is hiring a Data Scientist to join our team on a full-time permanant basis. The Data Scientist works with statistical and/or data management software package(s) for data mining and complicated data analytical projects. Support researchers, physicians, and business teams in statistical analysis and consulting with innovative and creative statistical solutions. Create analytic data sets. Coordinate and participate in ad hoc analyses to address client inquiries and resolve anomalies. Pilot proof of concept applied analytic tools to support system initiatives.
- Master’s degree in Biostatistics, Health Informatics, Public/Behavioral health, Epidemiology, or Statistics
- No professional certifications required
- Experience in statistical software such as SAS and/or R
- Experience in quantitative analysis, including expression analysis, linkage, discrete choice models, conjoint analysis, forecasting, segmentation models and other types of analysis or association studies
- At least three years of experience in Healthcare data modeling, analytics, or report development role
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as strong ability to develop statistical (SAS) programs to manage and analyze data required
1. Statistical Analysis & Data Mining
- Creates analytic data sets and coordinates ad hoc analyses to address client inquires and resolve anomalies.
- Demonstrate proficiency in quantitative problem-solving and data analysis.
- Extracts, transforms and processes complex data sets using data mining tools such as SPSS, SAS, R, etc.
2. Technical Best Practice Standards
- Understands and effectively follows technical guidelines and best practices for area of specialization (e.g. application development, semantic layer & metadata, etc.)
- For more senior levels, develops technical guidelines and best practices for area of specialization (e.g. application development, semantic layer & metadata, etc.)
- Analyzes and provides recommendations for improving data flows and/or operational work flows.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry accepted best practice practices and trends.
- Maintains professional development through training and seminars.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS*Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistanceBending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Climbing - Not PresentHearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Sitting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Standing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Walking - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)WORKING CONDITIONS*No potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1575 Northeast Expressway, Bldg 1, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Information Technology - Business Intelligence