Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Product Marketing Manager (Bilingual Japanese/English Required)
Job Summary: Product Marketing Managers work with the Director, Apps Product Marketing and the wider Apps Product Marketing team to develop and execute go-to-market plans and live operations for Pokémon apps, such as Pokémon GO, Pokémon UNITE, and Pokémon Masters. Collaborate closely with a cross-functional team of internal stakeholders, vendor and agency partners, and counterparts at global partner organizations to facilitate streamlined communication, ensure alignment on marketing plans, and ensure flawless execution.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
* Collaborate with internal teams and global partners, including counterparts at The Pokémon Company’s Tokyo office, to develop go-to-market plans and campaigns to support the launch and ongoing liveops of mobile games.
* Support new game development projects by being a point of contact between The Pokémon Company’s Tokyo office, the game developer, and internal stakeholders.
* Collaborate with game development teams to understand and guide the product vision, with the goal of creating an engaging customer experience throughout the entire product lifecycle.
* Work with the agencies on the planning, approval, and execution of omnichannel marketing campaigns.
* Coordinate with the The Pokémon Company’s Tokyo office to ensure alignment on product and marketing direction and keep internal channel leads informed with the latest product information to successfully build and execute marketing plans.
* Research, analyze, and report on key metrics and industry trends. Ensure campaign performance is measured, analyzed, and shared with partners.
* Build strong relationships with both internal teams and international partners.
What you’ll bring
* Bilingual and bi-cultural with strong written and verbal business communication proficiency in both English and Japanese. Solid understanding of Japanese culture and business customs.
* Experience working with multinational corporations in the video games or entertainment industries, including Japan and the USA, is required.
* Strong project coordination skill with proven ability to drive results. Proven problem solver, able to discern the crux of an issue, and use good judgment in recommending practical solutions.
* Strong relationship building skill to manage proactive, prompt, and accurate communications with multiple stakeholders across organizations.
* Ability to operate at a strategic level to define new market opportunities and assess product-market fit but also to work tactically to drive projects to successful completion.
* Eagerness to learn about the brand in depth is required. Passion/interest in Pokémon brand is a plus.
* Experience working in video game or mobile app marketing is a plus.
* Proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
* A proven track record of career progression.
* 5-7 years of related professional experience.
How you’ll be successful
* Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
* Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
* Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
* Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
* Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
* Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
* *An employee first culture
* Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
* Competitive cash-based compensation programs
* 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
* Generous paid family leave
* Employer-paid life insurance
* Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
* Fitness reimbursement
* Commuter benefit
* LinkedIn learning
* Comprehensive relocation package
* Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Internal Job Profile: Product Marketing Manager (IC3)