Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus. For more information, please visit www.vir.bio .
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
Vir is seeking a contractor Scientist/Sr scientist level of Bioanalytics who will be responsible for developing bioanalytical methods to support development of large and small molecule assets. This individual will oversee the development, execution, and reporting of bioanalytical analyses, including contribution to regulatory documents, and will work cross functionally to ensure reliable data are provided to end-users in accordance to GXP requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Responsible for developing bioanalytical methods to support large and small molecule clinical candidates and providing bioanalytical input across all functional areas and stages of research and development.
- Responsible for coordinating method development and analysis activities within the context of development plans.
- Performs troubleshooting and evaluation of a variety of complex methods in order to identify appropriate bioanalytical solutions.
- Responsible for leading technology transfer of bioanalytical methods, as appropriate.
- Responsible for review and approval of data and reports from external vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- PhD with 0-8+ years /MS and 3-8+ years/BS and 5-10+ years of industry experience preferred.
- Experience must include a combination of laboratory and project management skills, including managing CROs for assay development and validation for clinical and non-clinical studies.
- Demonstrated expertise in GLP and GCP compliance of sample handling and storage, bioanalytical assay development, sample analysis, and laboratory operation and procedures/processes is required.
- Technical expertise with a wide variety of platforms to analyze all aspects of large molecule therapeutics, including those with complex sample handling and preparation procedures (e.g., enzymatic assays, ligand-binding assays, cell-based assays, etc.) from a variety of biological matrices (e.g., serum, plasma, etc.). Small molecules expertise is a plus.
- Familiar with PK and PD principles pertaining to establishment of relevant assays and assay ranges.
Vir's compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person's experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Vir Human Resources leads recruitment and employment for Vir. Unsolicited resumes sent to Vir from recruiters do not constitute any type of relationship between the recruiter and Vir and do not obligate Vir to pay fees should we hire from those resumes. We ask that external recruiters and/or agencies not contact or present candidates directly to our hiring manager or employees.