The Business Analyst 1 performs activities to help systems, applications and reporting that are essential to core business processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Coordinates and facilitates process improvement initiatives, new product implementations as well as system upgrades from administrative and other idea source areas.
- Meets with department subject matter experts and judgment makers to gather and develop operational requirements for the purpose of improving on general business processes and document business requirements.
- Facilitates business workgroups for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations and information process flow.
- Diagnoses problems and find solutions to meet user requirements.
- Examines and knows business problems for the unit.
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures and problems to automate processing or to improve existing processes.
- Acts as a liaison between business owners, end users and the information systems solution team.
- Develops, documents and provides ongoing management of the department standard operating procedures relative to maintaining and helping department applications and systems.
- Ensures that business requirements are traceable and testable. Accountable for sharing and incorporating organizational best practices into business applications.
- Utilizes internal and external sources to collect information and create written reports and visual representations for presentation and dissemination.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience in healthcare or managed care operations, prescription benefit management (PBM) and/or business processes
- Experience in business or quality testing and the ability to make effective business conclusions
- Able to identify, document and help implementation of efficient business solutions
- Proficient with PC-based systems including: Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and the ability to learn new information systems and software programs
- Programming language knowledge preferred
- Excellent data and problem-solving skills
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent business and technical writing skills
- Able to work well within a team environment and on separate projects
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based on position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the minimum qualification
- EXPERIENCE - 2 Years of Experience