The Business Analyst 2 is accountable for examining clinical and financial performance to aid in achieving compliance with state and federal regulations, accomplishing business strategy, and developing cost containment and care delivery strategies and processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Leverages in-depth knowledge of healthcare business principals, statistical testing concepts, and healthcare/health plan data to help critical business functions and decision making.
- Develops data models to estimate the impact of different scenarios, examines findings and provides actionable insight recommendations. Creates partnerships with various resources and leadership to drive the adoption of data-driven decision making.
- Provides explanations, interpretations, and recommendations for reporting results.
- Develops dashboard reports and management summaries which present data findings in a professional, concise and readable format appropriate for content and audience.
- Documents processes and logic applied in reporting.
- Performs consistent quality review of data and report results.
- Knows and communicates pertinent regulatory requirements to department staff.
- Accountable for gaining consensus on guidelines and metric definitions.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Professional for processes, new projects and implementations or upgrades to existing systems or products.
- Works with all levels of internal and external staff, including senior management, to develop and implement business requirements.
- May engage with external vendors or regulatory staff on implementations or new projects.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Experienced proficiency in Excel and SQL required
- Able to work through complex business problems and partner with clients using a consultative approach
- Exceptional data/modeling skills with ability to convert raw data into actionable business insights
- Able to apply knowledge of healthcare industry trends and their drivers
- Able to work in a dynamic setting and work well under pressure
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of statistics (including modeling techniques) preferred
- Lean Six Sigma experience preferred
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based on position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the minimum qualification
- EXPERIENCE - 5 Years of Experience