IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
IQVIA's Orchestrated Customer Engagement (OCE) has become a leading enterprise application suite. Initially more targeted for the Pharmaceutical industry, it now serves the MedTech industry and is designed to better address the changing ways customer and information is managed to drive improved measurable market results.
OCE is being used by some of the world's leading healthcare and life science organizations, and is regarded as one of the most innovative cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) solutions available, and is considered a key driver to our continued growth and value we can deliver to our customer and the market in both existing and new customer opportunities.
- Support the Product Owner and Development team in their quest to exceed customers' expectations with a product that delivers on industry critical capabilities. Support efforts to ship a release that meets the market needs, has clear value proposition and other competing offerings in the market.
- Ability to organize, write clear user stories with test criteria, draft documentation for the release, smoke test a release, and demo it.
- Staying hands on to comprehend the what, the why, the where, the when and on a high level of the release being shipped.
- Providing support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example. This person should personify the ability to translate user requirements into Salesforce capability modeling.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining (grooming) and managing the product backlog.
- Experience playing the Business Analyst role for at least 5+ years for a software development team, with solid SFDC experience and knowledge. MedTech industry experience is a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and deliver.
- Documentation skills for requirements and knowledge articles.
- Problem-solving skills and the abilities to analyze quantitatively, scope technical requirements, and effectively prioritize program deliverables.
- Ability to document requirements, build Salesforce workflows and use cases.
- Ability to understand, define, build and document Salesforce objects and object models.
- The ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the enterprise, and to work with both technical and non-technical individuals. Sprint end and release product demo skills.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Experience in software development in the cloud to comprehend the product details.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science or similar discipline.
- MedTech industry knowledge.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Experience being on multiple teams in a variety of different contexts (different team sizes, different organizations, different cultures, co-located vs. distributed, etc.)
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful capability development methodologies: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing, Story Timing
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.