This position works with business partners to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs; understand the customer journey and define user requirements. Engages with business partners and influences project decisions; assesses the risks of various solutions and prioritizes competing business demands. Promotes architectural consistency and usability standards; defines and executes test cases. Also identifies opportunities for business-led delivery; coaches employees to make use of technology and information.
- Requirements Elicitation: Precisely and consistently captures business problems and nonfunctional requirements; Prioritizes problems to surface the most critical needs
- Requirements Management and Analysis: Properly prioritizes competing business demands; elicits high-level business requirements; Assesses the risks of various solution options to different options
- Creating a Compelling Business Case: Articulates the business impact of business problems; Understands the organization's economic and revenue drivers
- Providing Accurate Project Effort Estimates: Effectively coordinates project delivery with the project management office or equivalent
- Architecture Management: Understands technology standards and architecture guidelines; Obtains key input from enterprise architecture groups to ensure architecture compliance and exception management
- Designing for Usability: Incorporates usability and user interface techniques when designing systems; Understands knowledge workers' information needs as they relate to a potential solution
- Communications and Change Leadership: Presents ideas in a concise, focused manner; Works as part of a larger team; Surfaces potential impacts of the solution on all stakeholders
- Business Relationship Management: Sets realistic customer expectations for project delivery (e.g, schedule, budget, outcome); Clearly articulates the role of technology in terms easily understood by business constituencies; Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues
- Design Team Relationship Management: Listens to and understands technological constraints; Clarifies the business rationale of a solution concept
- Influence: Keep business stakeholders actively engaged and focused on identifying what is needed versus how their needs will be achieved
- Analytic Ability: Can work with data to identify patterns; Uses judgment to form conclusions that may challenge conventional wisdom, and focuses on the crux of issues to identify high leverage intervention points and strategies
- Communication: Partner with business and technology stakeholders to define and deploy solutions business and technology domains
- Business Results Orientation: Seeks to understand the business needs and deliver prompt, efficient, quality service
- Learning Agility: Rapidly acquires new knowledge and learns new skills
- Primary BA on several small to medium complexity projects
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Demonstrated knowledge of both traditional Waterfall and Agile/Lean methodologies
- Experience in converting business requirements and functional requirements to use cases, epics, and user stories with acceptance criteria
- Demonstrated ability to quantify resource requirements and measure and communicate proposed project benefits
- Strong risk assessment, problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to engage both developers and business partners to achieve target outcomes
- Broad IT domain experience in three or more of the following areas: Applications Development, Enterprise Architecture, Project Management, Vendor Management, Quality Assurance, Infrastructure, and Maintenance and Support
- Familiarity with company structure and operations outside of IT
- Excellent written and verbal communications; Fantastic listener
- Ability to keep control of the room in a way that is not off-putting; Natural ability to redirect and refocus conversations with people at different levels when needed
- Self-starter, proactive, strong-business acumen, excellent follow-through
Role-Specific Required Skills & Experiences
- Possesses functional knowledge of specific Clinical sub-domains (e.g. Study Start Up, Patient Recruitment, Clinical Project Management, Clinical Data Management, Trial Master File, etc)
- Experience and knowledge of key GxP systems and vendors (e.g. EDC, CTMS, eTMF, PV, Medidata, Veeva, Oracle Argus, etc.)
- Experience creating functional and non-functional requirements for clinical systems, including features and functionality for custom development as well as enhancements for COTS systems.
- Experience aligning product roadmaps and system designs with business objectives
- Functional knowledge of specific Corporate sub-domains (e.g. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Revenue Recognition, Talent Acquisition, Human Resources Operations, Legal Entities, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of key Corporate and Enterprise systems and vendors (e.g. ERP, Travel / Expense Management; FP&A, ATS, CRM (Customer Relationship Management), CRM (Candidate Relationship Management); Oracle, Concur, Hyperion, Taleo, PeopleFluent, SFDC, etc.)
- Proficient with MS Office applications (e.g. Visio, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Preferred - Professional Certifications including IIBA, ECBA, CCBA, CBAP, CSM, CSPO, PSM, PSPO, PMI-ACP, CSP, SAFe SA, Lean, Kanban, Six Sigma, PMP, etc.
- Preferred experience working with requirements and test management tools such as JIRA, Quality Center, Helix ALM/Test Track, etc.
- Preferred - Experience working for a CRO, CCO, or Pharmaceutical company (or specialization / alignment to these industries in a consulting company)
WORK HEREMATTERS EVERYWHERE | How will you accelerate pharmaceutical sales?