About the Department
At Novo Nordisk, we want to make a difference. For nearly 100 years, we have led the way in diabetes care. Being part of Novo Nordisk allows our employees to embark on life-changing careers, and the opportunity to help improve the quality of life for millions of people around the world.
In Clayton, NC, we now operate two adjacent pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities that are responsible for fulfilling different steps in our injectable and oral treatment supply chains.
Our Clayton, NC Injectable Finished Products (IFP) facility is a 457,000 square foot aseptic "fill and finish" site that is responsible for producing innovative, injectable diabetes and obesity treatments. When you work at IFP, you’ll join a global network of manufacturing professionals focused on several key, final production processes, including sterile formulation, filling, inspection, device assembly and packaging.
At IFP, our employees are passionate about what they do, knowing their work makes a difference to millions of people who rely on our products every day. After all, producing medicines is a special responsibility.
Join Team Novo Nordisk and help us make what matters.
The Business Controller is responsible for the strategic processes providing the link between DFP strategies & site Clayton short- & long-term targets. Provides the organization with information & business analysis to support decision processes & follow up. Assists with improvement projects with business impact analysis & continuously improves business information processes. Acts as the implementation partner for Line of Business (LoB) when implementing new corporate processes or though Finance Partnering. Gains global knowledge of improvement opportunities within Finance & procurement & ensures local implementation when relevant.
- Business Partnering
- Act as Business Support Project Manager for strategic projects & implementation
- Drive improvement initiatives at both site & department level
- Ensure that Site Clayton works according to Global Finance Strategy
- Work with process optimization both internally in BS & across site
- Prepare benchmarks for the management group with other sites or other companies outside the Novo Nordisk Group
- Drive automation efforts of Finance & Procurement
- Responsible for creating site goals & insurance of right targets in cooperation with DFP Business Support
- Prepare presentations for the DFP site CVP
- Finance Partnering
- Financial partner with business unit to provide business insight & create business value
- Analyze, budget & forecast financial data
- Responsible for ensuring Business Review, agenda & material is delivered on time with high quality
- Responsible for the process to update site goals & presentation of the status to SLT
- Responsible for preparation of monthly management report (MMR) for the site
- Trending, analyzing & forecasting on site KPI’s. Preparing in depth analysis for the management group of areas related to the goals & the KPI’s with the purpose of clarifying questions
- Follow up on corrective actions for KPI’s in case of deviation from target
- Organize the site business plan process & the biannual Business reviews
- Ad hoc tasks in the area of business controlling & business analysis
- Investment Controlling
- Lead & prepare investment project budgets, forecast & variance analysis
- Challenge & support of investment projects, ensuring the business case is clear around financial impact & that proper financial governance is applied
- Participate in investment project meetings at all levels, which include: Project Team, Senior Leadership, Steering Committees & Investment Governance Groups
- Risk Reporting
- Responsible for risk management process across DFP-Site Clayton
- Perform assigned month end processes & monthly reporting
- Provide support, assistance & back-up to & with financial processes & audits
- Report risks to DFP in a timely, well-organized & informative manner
- Responsible for consolidation of investment data for financial reporting
- Other accountabilities, as assigned
- BS/BA in logistics, finance or related field
- High degree of experience within strategy deployment & long term target settings
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience within manufacturing (production, quality, maintenance, people, support)
- Advanced knowledge, experience & interest within the IT area (including Word, PowerPoint & Excel & Tableu)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to develop & manage action plans to achieve targets
- MBA in logistics, finance or related field preferred
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment & manage multiple deadlines
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven process improvement & problem-solving skills
Physical & Other Requirements
- Occasionally moves equipment and/or supplies weighing up to 33 pounds within the facility using various body positions
- Constantly operates a computer & other office equipment using hands
- Able to travel domestically & internationally, up to 15% of the time
- Able to work in an open office environment with the possibility of frequent distraction
- Able to work the hours necessary to support a 24/7 continuous manufacturing operation
- Able to adjust schedule to work with colleagues in other international time zones
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.