Under general direction of the assigned Manager, the Business Development Representative-SmartSource, prospects for new customers, uses selling skills to identify their specific needs, prepares comprehensive and impactful proposals designed to deliver solutions to those needs, persuasively presents the offering and prepares and obtains signed customer application resulting in a new SmartSource customer. This role works collaboratively with assigned Manager and other needed subject matter experts to progress and close new customer business and reactivate dormant customers. This role also works to effectively communicate leads to primary business partners and transition new/reactivated SmartSource business to Telesales team once the customer is onboarded. This role will also collaborate with our Primary Business Development team to manage our Every Pharmacy in America initiative. They will serve point for managing the incoming pipeline and coordinating accounts to the Telesales reps.
- Develops productive business relationships with Retail, Institutional, LTC, and Alternate Care pharmacy prospective customers that build individual customer trust and confidence in the SmartSource selling process.
- Responsible for managing the SmartSource prospect pipeline and reporting out results to leadership on a weekly/monthly cadence.
- Continually develops and demonstrates "expert" level market, trade class and customer type knowledge that builds sales trust and confidence both internally and externally.
- Successfully develops relationships and works collaboratively with internal subject matter experts and business stakeholders as needed to sell new business.
- Successfully implements prospecting strategy and tactics that result in a minimum of 12 active new customers per month.
- Closes new customer business in each fiscal year to meet the new business revenue: generic and brand plan goals. Effectively and efficiently manages the entire new business sales pipeline such that customer time at each level is minimized, time to close is continually improved, and close ration goals are met.
- Continually works in collaboration with the assigned Manager and other internal personnel to create customer offering that offers financial terms with mutual benefit for SmartSource and the customer; effectively maximizing profitable revenue for each opportunity.
- Sells both internally (selling terms to decision-makers within organization) and externally (to potential customers/influencers) to progress customer prospects through the sales pipeline. Effectively builds coalitions both internally and externally.
- Participates in prospecting pipeline workflow with the Primary Business Development Team, including but not limited to the POD business development activities.
- Ensures that account is fully operational before transitioning to sales representative.
- Works directly with assigned Supervisor, Telesales Representatives, SalesForce, Customer Maintenance, and Credit teams as necessary to transition new business after opening the account. Develops and maintains a strong base of working knowledge using AmerisourceBergen Training programs and library, Supervisor mentorship, industry information and trade literature.
- Participates in all required sales training; ensuring associate maintains a highly effective selling approach with all customers.
- Actively seeks additional training and professional development opportunities to enhance knowledge and skills.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, as needed, in order to meet sales objectives. Must be willing to travel periodically (including overnight travel) within the assigned customer base and geographic territory; travels to events such as conferences, national and regional sales meetings.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires a minimum of one (1) year of demonstrated and successful direct new customer acquisition sales experience including territory prospecting, individual customer needs analysis, tailored proposal development and successful presentation, and contract signature.
- Broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four-year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent and persuasive consultative selling skills Ability to rapidly build trust and credibility with prospective customers.
- Excellent new customer sales pipeline management skills Strong time management and organization skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong acquisition and leadership skills
- Highly curious with excellent customer probing skills
- Able to build internal collaboration with subject matter experts and others as necessary
- Able to build customer relationships and trust quickly to challenge customer mindsets, comfortable closing sales
- Strong analytical skills; quick thinker Highly competitive and goal oriented Good understanding of value and profit principles
- Strong creativity skills; focused and disciplined
- Thorough understanding of SmartSource offering and how it can fit to individual customer's needs Strong presentation skills, ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Meticulous follow-up skills; assertive in promoting SmartSource offering to prospective customers
- Strong interpersonal skills
For more information on Smartsource specifically please check out our website: https://www.smartsourcerx.com/
Our client is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or membership in any other class protected by federal, state or local law.
As of August 24, 2021, our client requires all U.S. team members to be fully vaccinated and show proof of completed vaccine status at time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow our client's policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.