Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for creating and refining business and systems requirements to address business opportunities and formulating documentation to support the development and implementation of the technical solution. This position plays a major role in the development and implementation of core business systems. In addition, the Business Systems Analyst serves as the liaison between business users and technology programmers to understand user needs and develop required reporting and data analysis and may serve in a project manager capacity for smaller work efforts.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyzes business needs, documents requirements and translates needs into functional, nonfunctional and/or technical specifications
- Delivers requirements, performs analysis, and evaluates downstream business, systems, process, and/or organizational impacts
- Plans and assists with oversight of testing processes and activities including defect identification and resolution
- Analyzes charts and/or diagrams of the problem to be programmed and defines system requirements in terms of system capabilities
- Develops or assists in the development of work plans, time schedules, and project task items and schedules and assists with estimating resource needs for analysts, programmers, user personnel, consultants, equipment, and prepares routine project status reports
- Assists in the development of project cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth including the development of alternative considerations. This will result in recommendations for the installation of new systems or equipment, or to change existing systems and equipment
- Advises the appropriate people on the implications of existing IT systems that can be applied to a problem. Identifies risks and issues, and seeks approval on complex matters
- Checks, instructs, assigns work, and otherwise functionally directs technical staff in order to achieve desired end-results on complex problems
- Provides subject matter expert and operational support to internal business partners
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor's degree)
- 5+ years experience of major software systems implementation experience in healthcare setting
- 5+ years experience of HEDIS submission & requirements, Experience in Medicare Claims and Medicare Risk Adjustment
- 5+ years experience in developing requirements and performing system analysis
- 5+ years experience of major software systems implementation experience
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to analyze and document process and data flow
- Advanced course of study in information technology, business or other field
- Experience with project management and project control methodologies
- Experience process re-engineering and best practice implementations
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas and solutions
- Ability to effectively work with both internal and external clients
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. SM
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business Systems Analyst, Optum Care, Shared Services, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, San Antonio, TX, Texas