About the Department
Site New Hampshire, located in West Lebanon, is where Novo Nordisk’s life-saving treatments are brought to life. Our manufacturing facility produces a global supply of our hemophilia and growth hormone product lines, as well as our next generation of cutting-edge medications.
What we offer you:
• Leading pay and annual performance bonus for all positions
• 32 Paid days off including vacation, sick days & company holidays
• Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
• Guaranteed 8% 401K contribution plus individual company match option
• 8 weeks Paid Parental Leave
• Free access to Novo Nordisk-marketed pharmaceutical products
At Novo Nordisk, you will find opportunities, resources and mentorship to grow and build your career. Are you ready to realize your potential?
Partner with Investment project team to provide financial controls framework in line with NN PEM for large scale investment projects. This role will create data and provide financial business insights to monitor project performance.
Reports to: According to the organizational chart.
Number of subordinates with direct/indirect referral: n/a
- Cost Control & Accounting
- Challenge & support of investment projects, ensuring the business case is clear around financial impact & that proper financial governance is applied
- Investment project cash flow management; Lead & prepare investment project budgets, forecast & variance analysis
- Develop the project’s project controls plan in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Ensure compliance of project controls processes across projects
- Champion the project controls system (PIMS) for analysis and reporting
- Guide site project management personnel on best practice processes and implementation
- Champion and govern processes relating to project accounting including forecasting, managing the invoice and purchase order workflow, internal allocations and general accounting as applicable
- Develop standard work processes
- Once project is in execution perform program accounting tasks and monitor program transactions for transfer
- Support the estimation process through benchmarking
- Establish transparent project contingency management process
- Capture Lessons Learned and maintain improvement log for continuous improvement
- Establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders and external contractors
- Ensure projects are running consistent change management process (internal project changes and contract variation management)
- Establish program reporting rhythm and generation of program report including monthly reporting
- Develop and implement financial reports for stakeholders, ensuring reliability of data
- Consolidate monthly project report and drive approval and issuance of report
- Ensure compliance and usage of standardized reporting
- Provide support, assistance & back-up to & with financial processes & audits
- Portfolio Coordination
- Follow-up on monthly status updates in clarity and budgets
- Participate in investment project meetings at all levels, which includes: Project Team, Senior Leadership, Steering Committees & Investment Governance Groups
- Governance meeting agenda coordination
- Initial presentation review for stage gate presentations
- Other duties as assigned
- Performs all job duties and responsibilities in a compliant and ethical manner and in accordance with all applicable healthcare laws, regulations, and industry codes
- Incorporates the Novo Nordisk Way and 10 Essentials in all activities and interactions with others
0-10% overnight travel required. The ability to climb, balance, stand, walk, and finger. The ability to speak, listen, and understand verbal and written communication. Repetition including substantial movement of wrists, hands, and or fingers. Lifting up 33lbs/15kg of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work assigned or to make general observations. The working environment includes a variety of physical conditions including: noise, inside and outside conditions including temperatures below 32 degrees f; close proximity to manufacturing equipment, moving parts, moving vehicles, and chemicals; atmospheric conditions including: odors, fumes, and dust. The ability to function in narrow hallways and spaces.
- Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Engineering, Project Management or similar technical background
- Work Experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Solid experience with investment project work
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Business Processes in Manufacturing & Operations
- Proficiency in PIMS, SAP and Clarity a plus
- Proficiency in Excel required
- Strong ability to analyze & think strategically
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency in creating & delivering charts, graphs & presentations
- Superior written & oral communication skills with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to establish credibility & influence with diverse audiences
- Strong process improvement, problem solving & organizational skills
- Ability to facilitate meetings in person or virtually
- Must be comfortable communicating at all levels of the organization, including reporting to site leadership
- Must be comfortable conducting business in cross functional and multi-cultural environment
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
Novo Nordisk requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Novo Nordisk will consider requests for reasonable accommodation.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.