Cardiology Veterinary Assistant
MedVetis a fast-growing Emergency and Specialty provider with practices nationwide. We help our patients receive advanced medical treatments and innovations. Things like chemotherapy and radiation, cardiac ablations, treatments for glaucoma, physical rehabilitation, dermatology and so much more! We are looking for collaborative and driven people to join our clinical team.
We thrive on people living out our core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion to get their job done. Use your passion to drive theMedVetexperience for our clients and patients, as well as your teammates.
We arelooking for:
OurCardiology department collaborateswithmultiplespecialtiesacross the hospital.You will have the opportunity to continuouslyexpand yourknowledge and skillset ofin advancedcardiology procedures. You can expect to liaison between our Cardiologists and clients, assist with client education and scheduling, as well as manage patient appointments.
What you ll do:
- Assist in patient proceduressuch as: echocardiography, thoracentesis, pericardiocentesis, and multiple types of interventionalcardiology procedures.
- Assist withappointments,obtain histories, medical record keeping, invoicing, patient discharges, etc., as well as organize and manage daily service flow
- Obtain blood pressures and ECGs.
- Client education on the many differentcardiology disease processes
- Drive theMedVetExperience and ensure our patients receive the highest quality care
- Inspire, teach, multitask and be a highly functional team member
- Ensure documentation is accurate and complete
Who you are:
- Prior veterinary experience required, cardiologyexperience desired
- Proficient in calculations (drugs, constant rate infusions, unit conversions, etc.)
- Flexibility with work hours and able to work additional hours when necessary
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Perks and Benefits include:
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Vision and Dental
- HSA, FSA and Independent Care Spending
- 401k with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) beginning on your first day
- Shift Differentials and On-call Pay
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Pet Discounts and Pet Insurance
- Elective Short-Term Disability, Life and Accident Insurance and company paid Long Term Disability
- Continuing Education Opportunities and Assistance Program
- Strong career growth and personal development opportunities
Come as you are.MedVetis an equal opportunity employer. We are also a drug-free organization, therefore employment withMedVetis dependent upon the passing of a drug screen and background check.
MedVetdoes not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters.
Tags:RVT, Registered Veterinary Technician, Registered Vet Tech, Registered Vet Technician, Registered Veterinary Tech, CVT, Certified Veterinary Technician, Certified Vet Tech, LVT, Licensed Veterinary Technician, Licensed Vet Tech, Credentialed Veterinary Technician, Credentialed Vet Tech, Credentialed Veterinary Tech, Veterinary Technician, Veterinary Tech, Vet Tech, Vet Technician, Veterinary Assistant, Vet Assistant, Technician Assistant, Tech Assistant, Kennel Assistant, Kennel Technician, Kennel Tech, Animal Assistant, Veterinary Nurse, Vet Nurse