Case Manager (RN/RT/SW)
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
The Case Manager is responsible for utilization reviews and resource management, discharge planning, treatment plan management and financial management, while also completing medical record documentation. You will report directly to the Director of Case Management and provide social work services, as necessary, per state guidelines.
- Develops and implements a patient specific, safe and timely discharge plan.
- Performs verification of utilization criteria reviews.
- Builds relationships and coordinate with payor sources to assure proper reimbursement for hospital provided services, promote costs attentive care via focus on resource management within the plan of care.
- Demonstrates compliance with facility-wide Utilization Management policies and procedures.
- Coordinates UR compliance with Quality Management to assure all licensure and accrediting requirements are fulfilled.
- Maintains fiscal responsibilities. Assures the department is identifying and negotiating the fullest possible reimbursement to maximize insurance benefit coverage for the patient. Reviews insurance verification forms to minimize risk.
- Facilitates multi-disciplinary team meetings including physicians, nurses, respiratory therapists and rehabilitation therapists.
We are seeking results-driven team players. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing superior quality in all that they do.
- Current licensure in a clinical discipline either as a Registered Nurse or a Respiratory Therapist (RN preferred) OR current license / certified Social Work license per state guidelines
- Previous RN/RT/SW/CM experience in an inpatient hospital setting dealing with critical care/acute care patients. (example: ICU, step-down, med surg, vents)
Preferred qualifications that will make you successful:
- Specific experience in Care Management and Discharge Planning is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the insurance industry and government reimbursement.
Select Medical strives to provide our employees with work-life balance, as we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- An extensive and thorough orientation program.
- Monday through Friday schedule; six (6) paid holidays.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their families.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance; Prescription coverage.
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.
We'd love for you to join the team!
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.