Performs case management/service coordination activities that enable Cook Children's Health Plan members with chronic conditions or complex needs to achieve an optimal level of health and independence through advocacy, assessment, planning, communication, education, resource management, care coordination, collaboration, and service facilitation.
- Requires a Nursing Diploma or Associates Degree in Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Three years of clinical experience.
- Two (2) years of experience working with vulnerable populations and people with chronic or complex conditions.
- Experience working for a managed care organization preferred.
- Bilingual English and Spanish a plus.
- Required skills: relationship-building, effective written and verbal communication, critical thinking and problem-solving, ability to plan and organize effectively, proficient in use of computer applications and typing speed of 35 words per minute minimum. Registered Nurse – current, unrestricted Texas license. Certification in Case Management (CCM) preferred or within two years of hire date.
Cook Children's is an EOE/AA - Minority/Females/Disability/Vet