Certified Medical Assistant
CHI Health has an immediate opportunity for a Medical Assistant. We are currently offering additional benefits for our Medical Assistants.
Our Medical Assistants are part of our healthcare team who treats patients with a variety of illnesses. You can expect to collaborate on comprehensive screenings, risk assessments, and preventative health education for patients.
We want you to be confident in your choice to join our CHI Health - Physician Enterprise as a Medical Assistant. It's important that you enjoy working with all patient populations and understanding your role's administrative and clinical accountabilities. You must be comfortable leveraging technology, thorough inpatient care coordination, and self-assured in your clinical knowledge and abilities.
You are open to learning new skills and appreciate perspectives differing from your own. You have genuine compassion for your patients' well-being and understand you play a role in helping patients feel at ease in the physician's office. You also have the patience to explain the provider's instructions to patients when they have questions or confusion about their care.
CHI Health strives to care for you the way you care for your patients.
We understand you have personal responsibilities outside of your profession and also care about your well-being.
With you in mind, we offer the following benefits to support your work/life balance:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Direct Primary Plan (No copay, no deductible, and access to CHI Health provider 24/7)
- Premium Access to our Family Care Program supporting your needs for childcare, pet care, and/or adult dependent care
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Programs
- Flexible spending accounts
**$5000 Sign-On Bonus and up to $8000 in Educational Assistant Offered**
In healthcare, we all agree that support is a must in order to be successful. This position will support our healthcare teams by ensuring they have everything they need in order to care for our patients. They also play a huge role in a patient's experience and prep when they visit any of our clinics. We couldn't do it without you! If you have a passion for supporting others and enhancing patient experience, we want to talk to you.
- Record patient's medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations
- Obtain medical information and take vitals
- Escort patients to exam rooms and prepare them for the physician/nurse
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician
Graduate of medical assisting program accredited by Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education (CAAHEP).
Current/valid nationally recognized certification, registration or recognition for medical assistants (AAMA/CMA, RMA, NCMA).
- Successfully completed Medication Aide 40-hour course or current/valid
- Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association required upon hire
- High school diploma or equivalent
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.