Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington DC
is hiring for a
Certified Medical Assistant.
Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm
- Obtains vital signs & assists patients in preparation for examination/ procedure.
- Records and documents in the medical record.
- Ensures safe & efficient patient flow.
- Administers medications and immunizations.
- Organizes the clinic environment to assure patient safety.
- Reads & interprets medical record and physician orders.
- Reads & interprets equipment in conjunction with patient information.
- Displays responsible behaviors, communicates effectively to others and functions at the highest level based on scope of practice.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Certification (CMA, CCMA, RMA, NCMA or NRCMA) from an approved agency is required.
- The CMA must demonstrate competency in all skills related to the performance of patient care.
- Valid BLS CPR certification required upon hire; and recertification required every two years.
- Familiar with medical terminology and documenting in electronic health record.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.