Riverside Medical Group Medical Assistants, under the supervision of a licensed Medical Provider, are to assist the Medical Provider with providing patients with the highest standards of medical care.
***Must be able to work between 8am-8pm along with working every other weekend.***
- Prepares the patient for the Medical Provider's examination by obtaining vital signs and patient history,
- Prepares and maintains the examination and treatment areas
- Prepares the patient for and assisting with the examination
- Prepares the patient for and assisting with procedures and treatments
- Maintains medication and immunization records
- Performs sterilization techniques.
- Performs an inventory of supplies and equipment
- Understands proper function and care of special equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance and calibration of administrative and clinical equipment.
- Organizes and maintains medical records.
- Cooperates with other RMG employees to achieve specific team goals.
- To the extent requested by the Medical Provider, RMG Medical Assistants are also responsible for certain follow-up with patients, such as ensuring specialist appointments are scheduled and referrals are prepared.
- All RMG employees are expected to keep abreast on current medical requirements relevant to their position, which includes maintaining patient confidentiality and abiding by all HIPPA and OSHA requirements.
***Must be able to work between 8am-8pm along with working every other weekend. There are multiple openings around the surrounding Jersey City, New Jersey Area.***
- MA Certification (required)
- Basic computer and word-processing skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- MA diploma
- Medical assistance experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work. SM
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment