RESPONSIBILITIES: Assists patients in the following areas:
1. Personal care functions including:
a. Bathing (bed, tub, shower or sponge bath)
b. Skin Care
c. Toileting (bedpan, urinal, commode and/or toilet)
d. Grooming (shampoo, nailcare & shaving)
e. Oral Hygiene (denture care)
f .Assist with dressing and undressing
2. Assists with feeding of residents.
3. Measuring and recording intake and output.
4. Weigh residents using upright, chair and bed scale.
5. Assists in turning and positioning of residents.
6. Proper transfer techniques.
7. Demonstrates appropriate knowledge for safe use of medical equipment (cane, crutches, walkers, Hoyer Lift, side rails,
brace, splints, oxygen).
8. Helps keep residents’ rooms clean and supplied.
9. Make and change beds (unoccupied and occupied).
10. Transports residents, supplies and equipment as needed.
11. Assists nurses and other personnel as needed.
12. Ambulate residents who require minimal assistance.
13. Simple, non‐sterile dressings.
14. Perform skin assessment and notify RN of any abnormalities in skin