Job DescriptionJob DescriptionBenefits/Perks
- Great small business work environment
- Flexible scheduling
- Paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, retirement benefit, and more!
American Family Care (AFC) is one of the largest primary and urgent care companies in the U.S. providing services seven days a week on a walk-in basis. Our state-of-the-art centers focus on the episodic treatment of acute illnesses and injuries, workers' compensation, and occupational medicine. Each location is equipped with an onsite lab and in-house x-ray capability.
AFC is the parent company of AFC Franchising, LLC (AFCF). This position works directly with a franchised business location. The specific job duties and benefits can vary between franchises.
To assist in the care of patients by providing general nursing care, within the urgent care scope of practice.
- Perform triage of newly registered patients
- Direct patients to available examination rooms and ensure rooms are set up based on patient's initial complaint
- Collect biological specimens and perform testing when requested
- Perform wound care when and electrocardiograms when indicated
- Assist physician with patient care when requested
- Follow established medical protocols and procedures
- Provide high quality patient care.
- Manage all patient care while on shift.
- Ensure all charts are filled out and medical records are completed in a timely fashion.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Experience in Urgent Care preferred. New FNP grads are welcomed to apply
- Current CPR certification
- Understanding of the concepts of universal precautions, HIPAA, and OSHA
- Team player, excellent verbal, and written communication skills, adaptable in different situations, possess excellent client interaction skills, able to multi-task and work independently
- DOT Certification, preferred.
- Excellent communicator with staff, patients, and family.
- Professional attitude
- Active and current medical licensure in Pennsylvania.
- Active and current DEA number and state controlled substance certificate, as needed.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Spanish or Portuguese preferred.