Certified Sterile Processor
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical re
Sibley Memorial Hospital
is hiring for
Certified Sterile Processing Technicians.
- Effectively decontaminates instruments and equipment according to department procedures.
- Accurately performs prep functions including instrument set assembly, wrapping, labeling, and identification of all items processed in SPD.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all instruments and equipment processed through SPD.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper loading and operation of sterilizers and other equipment.
- Prepares case carts accurately and delivers within adequate time for case setup.
- Promptly stores sterile supplies, instruments, and equipment in the proper locations after processing.
- Performs biological testing/sterility assurance tasks accurately.
- Maintains biological test log and other sterilization records keeping.
- Knows procedure for load recall in the event of a positive biological test.
- Responds promptly and positively to all customer requests.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- CRCST or IAHCSMM Certification is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience is required.Knowledge of Surgical Instruments and Medical Surgical Supplies.
- Knowledge of surgical instruments essential.
- Ability to operate specialized equipment: i.e. sterilizers, washers, heat sealer, cart washer.
- Ability to operate computer and utilize various software applications.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.