Come to Essentia Health-Fargo and join our Spiritual Care Department. We have a dedicated team of chaplains that provide compassionate care to patients of all ages and their families. Our chaplains come from a variety of denominations and have a wide scope of clinical training and ministerial experience.
Healing is at the heart of Essentia Health’s mission. We are committed to providing holistic care to all in need. Our chaplains support patients and families in finding meaning and peace.
Find your calling. Essentia Health seeks employees who embrace our commitment to patient- and family-centered care in communities both large and small. We're looking for people who are committed to making patients and their families feel known and understood. People who understand what it means to be Here with you. People who are willing to use their strengths to help others.
Essentia Health-Fargo is seeking a Casual Chaplain l to join our Spiritual Care Services Department.
Here are some of the ways our Chaplains assist our patients and families:
- Provide a caring and listening presence
- Offer emotional support and prayer for well-being
- Support and encouragement before surgery or during treatment
- Assist through a difficult diagnosis or a difficult decision
- Honor religious, spiritual, ethnic and cultural needs and rituals
- Provide quite spaces and chapels for prayer and meditation
- Support and comfort during time of loss, illness, pain, trauma or grief
- Facilitate the connection and visits with members of the faith community
- Share inspirational resources for a broad range of belief systems such as bibles, prayer books, prayer cards and others
This position provides spiritual care to patients of all ages and their families. Services include but are not limited to, individual patient/resident support related to spiritual matters, family support, and prayer. Provide support to patients and families who are facing grief and end of life issues to include assisting with decision making and Advanced Care Planning. May assist or occasionally lead religious ceremonies of worship, rituals and other spiritual care programs as directed. Documents care and counseling provided and participates in meetings and educational programs. These services are provided on an on-going basis as part of a multi-disciplinary team. Serves patients in outpatient, inpatient, and residential facilities depending on Essentia Health location.
- Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Divinity, Ministry or a related field OR 3 years professional experience in related field, necessary to gain understanding in the relationship of pastoral care to medical care required
- Successful completion of 1 ACPE accredited unit of CPE required
- Associate Membership in NACC (National Association of Catholic Chaplains) or APC (Association of Professional Chaplains) or NAJC (National Association of Jewish Chaplains) is strongly preferred