The Federal Bureau of Prisons is seeking a General Dentist for the Federal Women's Correctional Facility in Waseca, Minnesota. Interviews will begin in December 2018. This is a great opportunity for a dentist that wants to perform dentistry and not worry about billing, staffing, scheduling, and equipment maintenance.
The Chief Dental Officer (CDO) at FCI Waseca is responsible for diagnosis and treatment of difficult dental problems in a correctional environment. The CDO leads in coordination of the dental program, providing input regarding proposed modifications to operating procedures. The CDO assists in establishing and maintaining quality control measures to ensure final product conforms to standards set forth by the American Dental Association, National Board for Certification of Dental Technicians and the Dental Service of the Federal Bureau of Prisons. The CDO oversees the clinical work of the Dental Assistant(s) and Dental Hygienist(s).
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from a school approved by the American Dental Association (ADA) or the Commission of Dental Accreditation (CODA) or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained.
- Applicants must have passed the National Board Dental Examinations (NBDE) which are developed and administered by the Joint Commission on National Dental Examinations (JCNDE) and posses a current, full, and unrestricted license to practice dentistry in a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional work experience is required. It is preferred that the applicant have a minimum of 3 years of clinical training with 2 of those years being in a residency program. However, it is acceptable for the applicant to have received the 3 years of training by completing 1 year in a residency program and gaining clinical skills through 2 years of work experience.
- Female correctional facility.
- Work is performed in a dental clinic inside the Health Services Department.
Additional Conditions of Employment:
- This is a Federal Law Enforcement position.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the U.S. or national.
- Be clear of any criminal convictions. (Felony record and/or misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence) 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(9) 1117
- Applicant must pass a drug screening, background investigation, and credit check.
- Applicant must be able to complete the Physical Abilities Test (PAT). The test includes 1/4 run, 75lbs dummy drag, short obstacle course, stair climb, and ladder climb.
- Law Enforcement Retirement
- Federal Government Insurance Plans: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Thrift Savings Plan w/ 5% matching contributions
- 40 hour work week
- Time off for CME's
- Federal Student Loan Repayment Assistance (based on available funding)
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Annual Leave and Sick Leave
Job Type: Full-time