The Federal Bureau of Prisons is seeking a General Dentist to fill the position of Chief Dentist at the Federal Metropolitan Correctional Center in Chicago, Illinois. This is a great opportunity for a dentist that simply wants to perform dentistry and not worry about quotas, billing, staffing, scheduling, and equipment maintenance.
A minimum of 3 years of professional work experience is required (residency training program experience counts).
$101,227.00 to $131,592.00 /year (Up to $14,000/yr DCAP can be discussed after a successful interview. This increases to $30,000/yr after 24 months.)
Annual Leave Accrual adjustment for years of non-federal work as a dentist.
Common Duties Performed: Restorative procedures: composite and amalgam. Endodontics. Oral surgery/extractions. Removable prosthodontics. Supervision of dental support staff.
Conditions of Employment:
- This is a Federal Law Enforcement position.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the U.S. or national.
- Be clear of any criminal convictions. (Felony record and/or misdemeanor conviction of domestic violence) 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(9) 1117
- Applicant must pass a drug screening, background investigation, and credit check.
- Applicant must be able to complete the Physical Abilities Test (PAT). The test includes 1/4 run, 75lbs dummy drag, short obstacle course, stair climb, and ladder climb.
- Law Enforcement Retirement
- Federal Government Insurance Plans: Health, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Thrift Savings Plan w/ 5% matching contributions (similar to 401k)
- 40 hour work week
- Time off for CME's
- Federal Student Loan Repayment Assistance (based on available funding)
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Annual Leave and Sick Leave
For more information: Contact Lesha Starr, Medical Recruitment Specialist (303) 980-2346 or L1Thompson@bop.gov
The BOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.