Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer
Remote - US
The Children’s Tumor Foundation (CTF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the health and well-being of individuals and families affected by neurofibromatosis (NF), including NF1, NF2 - related schwannomatosis and schwannomatosis
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is an authoritative research and medical resource for the Children’s Tumor Foundation with in-depth knowledge in pharmaceutical Research and drug Development. The CMO will provide leadership and direction for all research and clinical activities. He/ she will play a major role in driving the science, developing an effective preclinical strategy, and bringing assets from bench to bedside. He/ She will be leading all R&D programs as well as the health care professionals and patient education branch.
He/she will act as a liaison to the NF research and clinical community, and take an active role in the preclinical and clinical development of NF assets. The Chief Medical Officer will also lead and oversee the education department - training clinicians, and patients. The CMO provides medical/ clinical trial and pharma R&D expertise to the staff. The CMO reports directly to the President. External roles of the CMO are to join the business development exec to represent CTF to pharmaceutical companies, government and private health agencies, medical societies and healthcare companies to promote the mission of CTF.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead research, preclinical, and clinical teams, with the aim of accelerating treatment options using innovative R&D methodologies.
- Lead teams that are in charge of health care professional and patient education as well as R&D related patient engagement.
- Establish oneself as a nationally recognized thought leader in the NF community with the ultimate goal of leveraging R&D credibility of CTF.
- Act as the R&D expert, auditor and liaison to current and future NF clinical trials consortia.
- Responsible for setting objectives and priorities for the Medical Advisory and Clinical Advisory Boards in collaboration with the CTF President.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications department, aiming at generating materials that inform CTF staff and the different NF community personas of the latest applicable developments in NF through webinars, publications, presentations and meetings.
- Oversee initiatives aimed at expanding the NF R&D community.
- Act as an active member and contributor to CTF’s Executive Leadership Team.
- Represent CTF and its programs to medical and regulatory communities and pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry, collaborators and partners.
- Responsible for keeping abreast on all R&D activities in NF, including the latest results of clinical trials, research and publications.
- Establish, implement, and maintain the highest standards of professional clinical care to include, but not limited to practice management, risk management, clinical education, and overall compliance and regulatory monitoring.
- Collaborate across the network to design and develop effective and efficacious patient-centered programs, grant applications, community-based participatory research and outcomes evaluation indicators to address unique community health and socio-economic needs, and measure patient and population health outcomes.
- Leadership and participation in regulatory audits, site visits; implementation and monitoring of corrective actions.
- Oversees financial budget for the department
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Represent CTF at scientific conferences, and collaborations.
- Serve as CTF’s R&D expert within NF-relevant consortia (eg. INTUITT, EUPEARL, Clinical trials consortium, and REiNS)
- Serve as one of several R&D spokespeople (along with the CTF President and other experts) for interviews on a variety of NF related topics.
- Serve as one of several R&D public policy experts (along with the President and other experts) to contribute to the development of health policy positions, to represent CTF as a stakeholder, and to review, edit and sign policy position letters on a variety of NF topics.
- Deliver presentations and updates for engagement and support.
- PhD or MD/PhD, with strong R&D experience in Oncology, pharmacology, neurology or NF relevant area.
- Minimum of 10-years professional experience in pharma/ biotech R&D (research/ preclinical/ clinical).
- Demonstrated ability/ track record in effectively bringing drugs through the R&D process to the clinic and beyond.
- Strategic and innovative thinker with proven ability to communicate a vision and drive results (great oral and written communication skills).
- Demonstrated management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve problems and execute on initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively internally and externally.
- Self-assured and results oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to assess business needs, design and implement programs and evaluate results.
WORKING CONDITIONS, EQUIPMENT USED AND SPECIAL INFORMATION
Must have unimpeachable integrity and trustworthiness and possess a high degree of tact, discretion and professionalism. Verbal and written communication skills will be used daily. Maintains effectiveness under pressure. Flexible for overnight business travel. Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CTF and Insperity provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all Foundation facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, (or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to lactation), physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.