Work Schedule/Days: Variable / Variable
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 70045
The Stephanie V. Blank Center for Safe and Healthy Children at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta is seeking a board certified/board eligible child abuse pediatrician (CAP) to join their practice. The Center is a nationally accredited child advocacy center with a multidisciplinary team consisting of forensic interviewers, a family advocate, behavioral health professionals, a training and prevention team, as well as advanced practice providers (APP), child life specialist, medical assistant and child abuse pediatric fellows. Clinical responsibilities include providing inpatient consultations at the 3 free-standing pediatric hospitals within the Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta enterprise as well as evaluating outpatients at the Center. The team of APPs provides 24/7 coverage to all the emergency departments for cases of sexual abuse. There are numerous opportunities for education and advocacy throughout the state to our community partners and providers, as well as to medical students, pediatric residents, nursing students and fellows.
- Graduate of an accredited, four-year medical school.
- Graduate of an accredited, post-graduate residency program in Pediatrics.
- Meets eligibility requirements for credentialing.
- Board certified or Board certified within five (5) years of the completion of residency or fellowship training
- Current, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Georgia
- Current DEA registration
- BLS / PALS certification is required
- No minimum experience required
- Experience in respective clinical area
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Provides patient care within the respective clinical area which complies with the Professional Staff Bylaws, rules and regulations and Children’s policies and procedures.
- Participates in and incorporates Quality Improvement and research findings into practice.
- Provides and/or serves as a resource for patient/family and staff education.
- Provides an authenticated report of all physician services rendered and maintains accurate and complete records in an acceptable manner.
- Completes necessary documentation and ensures communication to facilitate patent care and appropriate reimbursement.
- Participates in meetings/activities as required to support operations of the clinical area.
- Participates in activities that enhance professional development, complete and maintain certification in BLS and PALS and maintains any additional specialty training/certifications as required by the area assigned.
- Performs other responsibilities as required.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS*Bending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Sitting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Standing - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)Walking - Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistanceHearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.WORKING CONDITIONS*Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Physician/PhD - Physician/PhD