Clin Amb Pharmacist
Clin Amb Pharmacist - (3152172)
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, a subsidiary of Massachusetts General Hospital, is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
1. Provide patient education and information on pharmaceutical care and drug therapy to patients in a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
a.Optimize medication regimens and clinical outcomes for patients within a specialized disease state or for "high risk" patients.
b.Identify, resolve and prevent potential and actual medication related problems.
c.Complete a comprehensive review of patient medication profile, make rational and evidence based recommendations to assure optimal patient outcomes.
d.Assess patients, screen medication list for drug interactions and adverse effects, and recommend medication adjustments accordingly.
e.Complete medication reconciliation, Medication Therapy Management (MTM), and education for patients in a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).
f.Initiate, adjust, monitor and recommend changes in drug therapy under collaborative care agreements.
g.Document recommendations and outcomes in appropriate system.
2.Participate as an active team member to provide patient-centered care collaboratively with other health care professionals.
.Recommend pharmacotheraputic regimens and corresponding monitoring plans to prescribers for optimal patient outcomes.
a.Provide accurate and evidence based education to other health professionals.
b.Conduct educational activities for patients and the community.
3.Leadership and Professional Development
.Develop and participate in operational and clinical projects as needed.
a.Develop and implement process improvements to provide positive patient outcomes.
b.Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of rules, regulations, policies and laws pertaining to the preparation, storage, procurement, use and disposition of medications.
c.Organize and prioritize work assignments to ensure pharmacy services are provided in a timely manner.
d.Proactively work with Pharmacy management as well as leadership in other disciplines to develop department policies and procedures.
Education Minimum Required
* Graduate of an ACPE accredited College of Pharmacy
Training Minimum Required
* PGY1 Residency PGY2 Residency
Special Skills Minimum Required
* Board Certification in Ambulatory Care
* Pharmacy Medication Therapy Management training Excellent written and oral communication skills
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
* Unrestricted and current NH Pharmacy License
EEO Statement Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) Primary Location: NH-Dover-WDH Main HospitalWork Locations: WDH Main Hospital 789 Central Ave Dover 03820Job: PharmacistOrganization: Wentworth-Douglass Hospital(WDH)Schedule: Full-timeStandard Hours: 40Shift: Day JobEmployee Status: RegularRecruiting Department: WDH PharmacyJob Posting: Apr 15, 2021