Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday - Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Marcus Autism Center
Requisition #: 68097
Ensures that high-quality, comprehensive social work and case management services are provided which support health care and coordinate the psychosocial needs of patients and their families. Proactively supports efforts that ensure safe, effective, high-quality, and efficient patient care coordination.
Master's degree from an accredited graduate school in social work, psychology, counseling, family therapy or equivalent clinical training
Georgia or other state Licensed or License Eligible Social Worker (LMSW), Professional Counselor (LPC) or Family Therapist (LMFT)
Five years of relevant postgraduate experience.
• Previous experience in a medical setting and/or work with children and families
• Three years of experience with individuals with autism spectrum and related disorders
• Three years of case management experience
• Knowledge of community resources for individuals with special needs and their families
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Organizational and analytical skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work as part of interdisciplinary team
1. Maintains necessary documentation and communication with diagnostic, treatment, and medical providers for coordination of patient care.
2. Supports efforts that ensure delivery of family-centered patient care and services, and promotes a healthy work environment.
3. Participates in multidisciplinary evaluations for children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders, conducting parent/caregiver interviews to gain information about presenting concerns and contributes to dissemination of results and resources to families/caregivers.
4. Appropriately recommends and utilizes community and Center-based resources to remove patient barriers to care and self-sufficiency.
5. Utilizes evidence-based care coordination principles.
6. Assists families in accessing resources to achieve and/or maintain treatment goals.
7. Works closely with intake and scheduling staff to ensure appropriate and efficient patient navigation throughout Marcus Autism Center.
8. Collaborates with treatment and operations teams to provide parent/family/caregiver support, education, and advocacy regarding available services for patient care at Marcus Autism Center and in the community.
9. Is knowledgeable about community resources available for patients and families and how to access them.
10. Assesses patients and families for safety, abuse, and neglect concerns.
11. Participates in hiring, supervision, and performance review of staff.
12. Participates in leadership initiatives, including program planning, student education, child protection oversight, and documentation review.
13. Assists supervisor and/or manager with development of staff by being available to teammates, acting as a resource to help complete complicated/complex tasks, providing on the job training to team, and seeking out opportunities to become actively involved in staff workflow and development.
14. Provides supervisor and/or manager feedback on staff performance, educational needs, and workflow status.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS*Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistanceBending/Stooping - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Climbing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Hearing/Speaking - Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.Lifting - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Sitting - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)Standing - Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)Walking - Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)WORKING CONDITIONS*Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Address: 1920 Briarcliff Road, Atlanta, GA 30329
Function: Allied Health - Behavior Health